PDA

View Full Version : Replacement textures for FSX?

PRB
November 2nd, 2008, 13:02
Any recommendations for better textures for FSX? Payware or freeware. I'll pay to solve the global warming crisis in FSX and get some green over all that desert color across the globe!

lucas81
November 2nd, 2008, 13:33
AS for the winter textures, search for "Adam Mills" on Avsim. He made Euro and US replacement textures which are replacing default "sandy" appearance into dark green textures.

PRB
November 2nd, 2008, 14:04
Thanks, Lukasz. I found these (http://secure.simmarket.com/fsx-textures-page-1.chtml)at simMarket. AeroFiles. They make a lot of textures for FSX of one sort or other. I may look into those.

Roger
November 2nd, 2008, 14:40
Adam Mills textures are great but when you add 3rd party landclass, real deserts like the Sahara suddenly have too much green!

IanP
November 2nd, 2008, 22:43
Which 3rd party landclass are you using? I have no more green in the desert than I had before I started using the Adam Mills EU textures.

Ian P.

Quixoticish
November 3rd, 2008, 00:17
I'm using Adam Mills European Ground Textures since my sim ticked over to "fall" and the entirety of the UK went brown, however one problem is that I still have the odd, acceptable patches of brown dead grass and they mesh horribly with the corresponding green tile so you get a horrid pixel effect with squares a few metres wide where the brown meets the green. All rather bizarre.

grunau_baby
November 3rd, 2008, 00:35
I use: http://secure.simmarket.com/oscar-lima-golf-what-a-wonderful-world-(de_3043).phtml

Highly recomended, ubnfortunately no freeware, but much better snow, rocks and forests and no performance hit at all.

Alex
1. new snowy rocks
2. area around Mt. St. Helens
3. new gras (with flowers!) as ground detail

Roger
November 3rd, 2008, 01:43
Interestingly the WWW package is by Aimé Leclercq who is the author of the freeware Fall textures at Avsim.

Roger
November 3rd, 2008, 01:46
Which 3rd party landclass are you using? I have no more green in the desert than I had before I started using the Adam Mills EU textures.

Ian P.

I'm using Cloud 9 for Africa.

Daube
November 3rd, 2008, 01:58
Any recommendations for better textures for FSX? Payware or freeware. I'll pay to solve the global warming crisis in FSX and get some green over all that desert color across the globe!

I think you just need a landclass, not new textures.
If you replace the "desert" texture with some grass, you'll get grass in every desert all over the world.

jmig
November 3rd, 2008, 03:31
Has anyone done a comparison between the OLG-WWW textures and those in GEX?

lifejogger
November 3rd, 2008, 04:01
I use GEX and am reasonably happy with them.

Roger
November 3rd, 2008, 04:33
Interestingly the WWW package is by Aimé Leclercq who is the author of the freeware Fall textures at Avsim.

I "carefully" reinstalled Adam Mills textures, group by group and have no issues and it looks good in Autumn and Winter. My "green" desert syndrome must have come with another download.

JT8D-9A
November 4th, 2008, 10:53
And the fall textures are containing an update for the payware... sorry i forgot to write that earlier..

I like them.. and GEX too..

BTW, GEX Europe looks great: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=26352&PN=6