PDA

View Full Version : Late to the Party?

falcon409
January 11th, 2010, 21:54
I'm guessing anyone who's doing scenery has probably discovered this already. One of the airports I'm working on right now is the Woodford Aerodrome, I asked Roger, if he could tell me what the main buildings were supposed to be at the Aerodrome and he found a few photos to give me some ideas.

This evening I went back into the scenery to take a look at some changes I'd made to the autogen and while I was sitting there looking around in my view above the field a lightbulb went on :pop4: "I wonder if this field is available in Birds Eye View in Bing"? Yep, I could go close up on every single building, every pile of junk, every car, every tree, anything I wanted to check out in closer detail, there it was. No more guessing what the actual, buildings look like.

Like I said, I may be the last one to realize this, but I've never seen it mentioned here as far as I know. . .soooooo, if you don't know. . .now ya do.:salute:

lawdawg
January 11th, 2010, 22:17
Thanks Falcon.

falcon409
January 11th, 2010, 22:33
Thanks Falcon.
Ok lawdawg. . . .did you already know about this?? hmmmm? lol

spotlope
January 11th, 2010, 22:46
The only drawback is that the bird's-eye-view is limited to a few areas. It never fails that I find a cool airport to model, only to discover there's no bird's-eye. Having said that, I used it a lot for Stark's Twin Oaks. When it works, it's a godsend.

calypsos
January 11th, 2010, 23:24
Coverage outside the USA is pretty limited too, I guess even there Google did not cover any airports with a military area!!

jdhaenens
January 12th, 2010, 02:55
I'll generally use Bird's eye view to do the buildings if I can't get any other pictures and Google earth to get the dimensions as Google has a neat little ruler tool.

falcon409
January 12th, 2010, 04:15
I'll generally use Bird's eye view to do the buildings if I can't get any other pictures and Google earth to get the dimensions as Google has a neat little ruler tool.
Yea, that ruler has really come in handy on quite a few projects here too.

Well, I guess these few posts answered my question, at least nobody came along and said "Well, ya goof. . .we've been usin' Birds eye view for years. . .what took ya so long?" lol, lol:salute:

Bjoern
January 12th, 2010, 09:31
Bing Maps is really cool. I prefer it over its Google counterpart.