PDA

View Full Version : Woodford Aerodrome

falcon409
January 11th, 2010, 16:58
Another one I'm working on (plus a few others). These screens show ongoing autogen build-up as well as the factory buildings and a few hangars:

falcon409
January 11th, 2010, 21:58
A few more:

Roger
January 11th, 2010, 22:51
Great stuff Ed:applause:

chaders
January 11th, 2010, 23:25
Looking great Ed. How did you get that background image?? It blends realy well into the surroundings.

jmig
January 12th, 2010, 03:44
Ed, you are becoming a professional. After you learn it all, I will come up there and you can teach it all to me over dinner. I'll buy. ;)

falcon409
January 12th, 2010, 04:20
Great stuff Ed:applause:
Thanks Roger, by the way, Birds Eye View in Bing has this airport in detail. So I can go around the entire airport checking the buildings to get them as close as I can to the actual buildings. In most cases they are pretty basic types except for the main Terminal, but as you can see from the pics, it's coming along pretty well. Another couple days should do it.

Looking great Ed. How did you get that background image?? It blends realy well into the surroundings.
Hey Chaders,
I use SBuilderX to locate the airports using one of the three tile servers that are in that program, then save it as a map and off I go. There's usually color balancing and some other correcting to do with the image, but that's basically what I use to get the photo imagery.

Ed, you are becoming a professional. After you learn it all, I will come up there and you can teach it all to me over dinner. I'll buy. ;)
Hey, that's a deal John. Any time!