PDA

View Full Version : Who has the most HOURS logged on FS?

SirBenn21
November 2nd, 2008, 11:52
Okay for a little fun. Who has the most hours logged in Microsoft Flight simulator. You are allowed to include FS9 and FSX as combined if you like.
I always forget to save my logs when re-installing, but I'll start anyway.

:redf: :d :redf:

It's almost 11 hours, but that's in two weeks and I was busy trying to squeeze as much FPS with my upgrade.

Ben

Tweek
November 2nd, 2008, 12:10
77.9 hours, since 8th March 2008 (going by when I formatted my PC last).

Sascha66
November 2nd, 2008, 12:14
I never log flights but I haven't reinstalled FS9 since August 2005 - and I get in 1 hr a day average at least ... :isadizzy:

SirBenn21
November 2nd, 2008, 12:22
I never log flights but I haven't reinstalled FS9 since August 2005 - and I get in 1 hr a day average at least ... :isadizzy:

It's automatically logged.

Need pictures please. :jump:

Ben

PRB
November 2nd, 2008, 12:39
56 and some change!

MCDesigns
November 2nd, 2008, 12:42
378.9 since it came out with several months away from it. Most of that is design testing though. Since I can't use real weather, serious flights are out of the question.

JSkorna
November 2nd, 2008, 12:44
218 without hardly trying.

DrZGard
November 2nd, 2008, 13:38
FS9 included... yeah, it's a lot :isadizzy:

FS2002 was 1280 if I remember right! In FS2002 and FS2004 I didn't save flights involved with testing so only a recreation of a real flight, usually with flight planning and real weather were logged. FSX logs everything automatically but I did have a OS failure a few months into FSX which lost about 300 hours and a lot of rewards... I didn't refly many of those flights cause I didn't feel like getting the rewards again only to lose them. So roughly 3,200 give or take a few hundred since FS2002 days. Considering all the simming since Logitech days there's probably way too many hours for any salvation, we all have some kind of addiction :mix-smi:

limjack
November 2nd, 2008, 13:47
My records show as of Feb 2008 when I got the new rig.

FAC257
November 2nd, 2008, 13:48
Goes back to March of '02

Currently about half way through a World Capital Cities Tour in the B377. Just recently because of the tour I picked up the 750 Night Hours and 1500 Landings flight achievement badges.

Bruce Thompson
November 2nd, 2008, 13:49
Here's mine.

GypsyBaron
November 2nd, 2008, 14:01
So far with FSX I have over 1000 hours logged.

Probably had as many or more with FS9.

Now If I go back to 1993 and my Air Warrior hours from
then to 2000 and my Aces High hours since 2000, that
would add a whole lot more. In Air Warrior I typically logged
100 hours a month...say 11 months a year for 7 years....

Paul

Marlin
November 2nd, 2008, 15:51
This is with my last known hours for FS9 included. That means that there are at least two months of unlogged hours in the total.

The hours from FS9 were lost during a hard drive failure, so I only know the total hours and not the specifics of night, day, instrument… So they are added into FSX as day hours.

Total so far of 2107 hours.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Piglet
November 2nd, 2008, 16:43
Only got about 189 hours or so. Mostly due to a bunch of short test hops.
maybe I should just fly more often.... but then I won't be building planes.... tough choices!:isadizzy:

jmig
November 3rd, 2008, 03:20
FAC, I never knew you could get so many merit badges. :costumes: That is quite an achievement.

I don't know what I have. i only get to fly in 15 min periods before FSX finds a reason to die. :banghead: then it is reboot, reload..:banghead: :banghead:

If I could only count that time on the log book...:isadizzy:

calypsos
November 3rd, 2008, 03:45
My FS9 does not seem to have recorded my activity, but I know my FS flight time exceeds my real world profesional flight time by a factor of about 30!!:redf:

kilo delta
November 3rd, 2008, 04:07
64.9 hrs logged on FSX since I built this system in June. Don't get much time to fly lately...so I tend to snatch 20-30 minute quick flights whenever I can.:kilroy::mixedsmi:

italoc
November 3rd, 2008, 04:49
Only got about 189 hours or so. Mostly due to a bunch of short test hops.
maybe I should just fly more often.... but then I won't be building planes.... tough choices!:isadizzy:

Forget about flying, Tim ....... :costumes:
Carry on, instead, building planes: much better for all of us:applause:
So we can fly your outstanding freeware planes (payware super quality)
And I think everyone, here, agrees with me :medals:
Italo

chinookmark
November 3rd, 2008, 07:09
My logbook stopped logging a month ago!! :banghead:

Skywolf
November 3rd, 2008, 08:33
Total-50hours. had to reinstall my system so I lost my logbook

cheezyflier
November 3rd, 2008, 10:21
i've re-installed 5 times and never saved anything. imagine my surprise when i looked at the log book for the first time after seeing this thread and saw this many hours:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/log.jpg

i wonder what i would have if i kept the old logs, and added them with fs9?
fs9 would boost my instrument time significantly, as it's the only time i can have atc AND bad weather at the same time :costumes:

FAC257
November 3rd, 2008, 13:00
FAC, I never knew you could get so many merit badges. :costumes: That is quite an achievement.

They've become a lot tougher to get these days. They up the ante between new levels in each catagory by quite a bit when you get a new one. The next "Total Flight Hours" badge comes at 5000 hours.

I really like this feature of the logbook. It gives me a little something extra to work toward while just flying around.

My only complaint about the awards system was that they shouldn't have incorporated the mission badges & prizes into the same database file as the actual flight achievement badges. The reason you don't see any mission goodies in my logbook is that they mess up the organization. Proper order is something I'm very excessive-compulsive about. :mixedsmi:

Everytime I get a new flight achievement award I delete the GrantedRewards.BIN file and let it rebuild a new one with everything organized like it should be. The problem when you do that is that any award not directly related to flight hours or an IACO code gets deleted from the database. Hince anything and everything related to missions gets zapped.

IMO They should have made the mission related achievements a seperate data base file.

pointy31
November 3rd, 2008, 14:13
I' ve been flying since FS4, never logged an hour, so I guess I don't have any hours logged...:costumes:

bkeske
November 3rd, 2008, 15:52
Since my latest FSX install (going back to 12/15/07):

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ebkeske2/images/log.jpg

But probably had at least 150 before I reinstalled FSX.

FS9 prior? Sheesh....good question....I would guess about 1,200 if I remember correctly

FS2002? Probably not much....100-150 max (stopped flying for a time)

....never bought FS2000...

FS98? Probably about 3-400

FS95? I would guess about 700

Overall? I would have to hazard to guess 3,200 hrs +/- 200

BASys
November 3rd, 2008, 15:56
Hi Folks

The reason you don't see any mission goodies in my logbook
is that they mess up the organization.
Proper order is something I'm very excessive-compulsive about. :mixedsmi:FAC257 -
LOL - I'd wondered why you'd had no mission rewards.
Seems a pity to not have retained them.

I know it doesn't help much,
but the reward categories can be filtered using the listbox dropdown.

The sequence of rewards display
is grouped by Category type.
i.e.
- Certificates,
- Trophies
- Medals
- Badges
- Special Items
- Postcards

These are then ranked by date of acquisition.
i.e.
Date as set by the FSX clock/calendar,
(or in the case of missions, as stored in the .FLT file).

You can test this by setting your FSX calendar,
to for example 1940,
then go earn one of the Visit Series (http://www.fs-shipyards.org/index.php?ind=downloads&op=section_view&idev=21) free-flight rewards.

The resulting reward will appear at the top of the postcards listing.

HTH
ATB
Paul