PDA

View Full Version : Classics hangar Fw-190A-8 "test flight" part#1

Cleartheprop
January 11th, 2010, 09:42
Hello there!
Here I come again with another "test flight".
This time with the beautiful Classics Hangar Fw-190A-8.
I decided to begin with a cockpit overview since the cockpit is quite different from british or US aircrafts and one must get familiar with this environment before starting to operate the systems. (at least me !:jump:)
Enjoy the video and this aircraft !

QwXBlmJLtB8

res non verba
January 11th, 2010, 10:48
excelent video 5*! :applause: :applause: :applause:

and what an extraordinary aircraft! :ernae:

Javis
January 11th, 2010, 18:57
Bonjour MirageIII, wonderful thing you are doing with your 'Test Flight' videos ! :applause::ernae::applause:

They remind me a lot of the 'real world editions' with the late great Jeff Ethell at the controls, are you familiar with those video's ?

Jeff Ethell, who tragically died when the P-38 he was flying crashed, talks you thru the cockpit layout of each warbird he demonstrates. I was just thinking, how difficult would it be for you to add a voice to your wonderful videos to explain the cockpit overview rather than the text ? ( which is beautifully done nontheless ! )

It will make your excellent videos even more exiting and professional. You could 'virtually' step into Jeff's shoes and continue his work of demonstrating warbirds. ( which in fact you are already doing of course.. :))

If you don't know about Jeff's warbird videos, you can just download them for next to nothing here : http://www.wwofondemand.com/browse.php?category=Warbirds

Make sure you only choose videos with Jeff Ethell as presentor. The others are nice too but Jeff's are the best.

If you haven't seen them yet i'm almost sure you will be greatly inspired.

Just a suggestion, hope you don't mind. :mixedsmi:

Amicalment,
Jan

Mathias
January 11th, 2010, 22:12
Oh, that is veeeeery nicely done, Mirage!
Looking forward to part#2!
On an aside, I'm surprised how many FS pilots actually use the Sturmjäger variants,
I thought most would neglect those because of the hampered visibility and the funky flight behaviour.

CodyValkyrie
January 11th, 2010, 23:47
Personally Mathias, I love them because they are "unique," and have such a look. Kind of like a bulldog of FW190s :mixedsmi:

Cleartheprop
January 12th, 2010, 00:34
Hello Javis!
I didnt know Jeff Ethell's videos at all before I read your post.
I downloaded a few warbirds videos he made and love it! thank you very much for sharing !
Audio comments to the videos would be a great addition but my terrible accent would spoil the whole thing!
I post my videos for every one interested i.e non english speaking people as well. (and believe me there are quite a few in Europe :bump:) and I guess text in the videos is easier to understand by everyone regardless of language ?
I am sure audio comments would improve the videos very much though.
Thank you for your suggestions! :ernae:
buzz

Bonjour MirageIII, wonderful thing you are doing with your 'Test Flight' videos ! :applause::ernae::applause:

They remind me a lot of the 'real world editions' with the late great Jeff Ethell at the controls, are you familiar with those video's ?

Jeff Ethell, who tragically died when the P-38 he was flying crashed, talks you thru the cockpit layout of each warbird he demonstrates. I was just thinking, how difficult would it be for you to add a voice to your wonderful videos to explain the cockpit overview rather than the text ? ( which is beautifully done nontheless ! )

It will make your excellent videos even more exiting and professional. You could 'virtually' step into Jeff's shoes and continue his work of demonstrating warbirds. ( which in fact you are already doing of course.. :))

If you don't know about Jeff's warbird videos, you can just download them for next to nothing here : http://www.wwofondemand.com/browse.php?category=Warbirds

Make sure you only choose videos with Jeff Ethell as presentor. The others are nice too but Jeff's are the best.

If you haven't seen them yet i'm almost sure you will be greatly inspired.

Just a suggestion, hope you don't mind. :mixedsmi:

Amicalment,
Jan

Cleartheprop
January 12th, 2010, 00:46
thank you Mathias! :ernae:
I used the the Sturmjäger variant almost by accident; I was looking for the most photogenic Fw-190 (regardless of systems differences) and the choice was very difficult. I thought this one (FW190A-8/R2 with Sturmjäger modifications of Hptm.WilhelmMoritz) had a terrific look with its black nose, white fuselage end, its extra cockpit steel plates and I thought its paint goes well with the stormy sky color I use in this video (see first 15 seconds of film)...
But I'll show other models in the next videos.. because they are beautiful too!:applause:

Oh, that is veeeeery nicely done, Mirage!
Looking forward to part#2!
On an aside, I'm surprised how many FS pilots actually use the Sturmjäger variants,
I thought most would neglect those because of the hampered visibility and the funky flight behaviour.

dswo
January 15th, 2010, 01:24
Personally Mathias, I love them because they are "unique," and have such a look. Kind of like a bulldog of FW190s :mixedsmi:

Same here.