PDA

View Full Version : The BDP Zapper - when need to run it???

B Bandy RFC
January 11th, 2010, 09:32
Still getting used to the way to do things in CFS3 mods. After reading a few posts mentioning the BDP files, I remembered 'zapping' them on installing ETO but never did again after installing a few aircraft, ships, and BoB mission expansion. So far ETO still works. Now I read MAW is unstable (my next test of nerves this coming long weekend!) unless perfectly installed...

BUT does the BDP Zapper need to be run for regular folder maintenance or only after installing certain mod files? If so, which installs or mods? Aircraft, guns, weapons, ships, missions, theatres of war, ... ???

Any links to a good knowledge base of threads for newbie CFS3 installing/modding? I don't see anything in the stickies here.

Thanks!

grizzly50
January 11th, 2010, 10:21
Still getting used to the way to do things in CFS3 mods. After reading a few posts mentioning the BDP files, I remembered 'zapping' them on installing ETO but never did again after installing a few aircraft, ships, and BoB mission expansion. So far ETO still works. Now I read MAW is unstable (my next test of nerves this coming long weekend!) unless perfectly installed...

BUT does the BDP Zapper need to be run for regular folder maintenance or only after installing certain mod files? If so, which installs or mods? Aircraft, guns, weapons, ships, missions, theatres of war, ... ???

Any links to a good knowledge base of threads for newbie CFS3 installing/modding? I don't see anything in the stickies here.

Thanks!

:kilroy:B Bandy RFC, The ETO BDP Zapper removes all of BDP files from the aircraft, weapons, and vehicles folders.

The PTO BDP Zapper is similar, as is the AvHistory BDP Nuker, although I think the AvHistory BDP Nuker only does aircraft and weapons.

Said batch files should be run immediately after aircraft, guns, and weapons are installed so that any effects attached to these items will show up in-game properly.:d