PDA

View Full Version : MAW: bdp zapper needed or "something definitely strange part 2"

gianlucabagatti
January 11th, 2010, 08:24
hi mates, trying to let american/allied planes working in MAW I discovered it's not an easy task.....
in the part one of my thread I explained the strange thing I got from my install ( I have another one now outside "C" in order not to mess the main one up....) when loading them, or better some of them only, was a night time default scenario after the flight of whatever other allied plane IF I had previously imported some peculiar aircrafts.
I had already imported oir istalled various ones but ALL of the axis side so, until now I neve experienced that.
With AvH b17, FP b24, 3us p47 c5, p51A eva lee, no problems even thouhg with this last one I had to try several times before flying it and getting no issue: with a b25cMTO, a 3gb Spit 5b T TN and 3gb Spit 5c F TW and an AvH b25 I'm still having.
The I found a solution; and this worked for the spits and the b25MTO but not for the AvH b25....why?why?why? If, before booting the game I erase the bdp files of these 3 aircrafts then I get no issue when the game starts.....
I cannot understand why but, at least, when I could have a bdp zapper, I could choose depending on the planes I'm going to fly to run it avoiding any issues like the uncomprehensible one described.

sorry for that kind of logorrhea but...
best regards,
gianluca

HouseHobbit
January 11th, 2010, 09:02
Yes you MUST have a perfect load in and set up or MAW is unstable..
I have about 500 planes in MAW and it took very careful set up to do this and keep MAW stable..

wsmwsm
January 11th, 2010, 09:09
I haven't installed any of the recent missions mentioned in the threads here, but I've installed to MAW a number of American aircraft from AVH and the download section at this site without an issue. You do have to make sure the sound files are aliased to an engine in the MAW Engine Sounds folder, which I suspect you have done already, but other than that, it's not an issue.