PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you get the blurries with windows7

limjack
January 11th, 2010, 06:30
After getting windows7 installed and working I have begun my FSX install including sp1 and sp2 following Nickn list. On my first flight I noticed land all around me was blurry, I mean it was baaaaaddd! . With Vista I did not ever experience the dreaded blurries like this and I didn't even have the nhancer installed on my old operating system. I did install nhancer and that cleaned things up right away. Anyone else with windows7 experience this. I got the 8800gtx card.

Jim

harleyman
January 11th, 2010, 11:43
I'll put it this way..

I am not as impressed with Win7 as I first thought I was..

For me, for FSX , XP pro still is my OS of choice

spotlope
January 11th, 2010, 11:57
I wouldn't be so quick to pin the blame on W7. When you upgrade an OS, there are a lot of other moving parts that get replaced as well; fsx.cfg settings change, new drivers, all sorts of things. For my part, I've had no out of the ordinary issues w/blurries in 7.

hey_moe
January 11th, 2010, 14:17
When you did your MS update, did you use the video driver that MS update downloaded or did you go get the correct drivers and unplug from the internet to prevent MS form downloading and installing them...Mike

limjack
January 11th, 2010, 14:41
I wouldn't be so quick to pin the blame on W7. When you upgrade an OS, there are a lot of other moving parts that get replaced as well; fsx.cfg settings change, new drivers, all sorts of things. For my part, I've had no out of the ordinary issues w/blurries in 7.

I need to throw a dagger at someone :icon_lol:. This is my first OS install and was not sure if others have been experiencing this same issue on win7 so I could rule it out. Taking it slow ahead to make sure as I encounter issues I can understand them and fix them as I go. Nhancer did indeed clear thing up right away. So all is well in FSX world for the moment with just the basics installed. Now I need to take on the next issue....I am getting a blue screen and then system system shuts down:isadizzy:. It is stating a hardware or software issue. So will check the updates my machine just did on Microsoft office last night.

Thanks Spotlope for the advice.

Jim

limjack
January 11th, 2010, 14:43
When you did your MS update, did you use the video driver that MS update downloaded or did you go get the correct drivers and unplug from the internet to prevent MS form downloading and installing them...Mike

Ms did the update on the driver, I will go in and check it out to see what one I got. Any advice on what one is getting along with 8800gtx and windows7?

Thanks
Jim

8.17.11.9562 is the driver it downloaded.

hey_moe
January 11th, 2010, 16:01
You can go to the Nvidia site and DL the most current release. Also if you are getting the famous BSOD it usually relates to a bad video driver....sometimes I said. If you still keep getting the BLOD, go to MSCONFIG and uncheck everything and reboot. If you don't get it anymore after that that means you have a software issue...Mike

limjack
January 11th, 2010, 16:42
I just uninstalled the driver it appointed and used Driver sweep in safe mode and now have the 195.62 installed. Will see what happens now.

Thanks
Jim

Bjoern
January 12th, 2010, 09:13
Blurry-free here and loving Win 7.