PDA

View Full Version : FSX Missions are fun!

SirBenn21
January 11th, 2010, 04:08
After I've installed Win7 (Five Times!!!) I decided I needed some flying time to catch up wasted hours. I decided first on the list is missions.

I actually forgot how fun they really are. Even the easy tutorials.

I know it's not really anything to brag about, but I'm going to do as much as I can before I either get bored or just plain frustrated. Racing the truck dragster comes to mind or landing on the buses roof. :)

Anyone else fly missions around here?
Anyone ever finish all missions?
What was your favorite?

Sorry for all the questions. :kilroy:

Ben

Daube
January 11th, 2010, 04:24
I fly the missions quite a lot, but I haven't done them all yet.
Some of them are really long, usually I don't have enough time to do them completely.
Some of them I re-fly quite often, the race against the jet-truck for example :)
Some of them I re-fly quite often, but with different planes/time/weather. For example, flying the rescue mission in Alaska with the Merlin at dawn...
I love those missions.

Hanimichal
January 11th, 2010, 04:35
My favorite flight is free and carrier landing

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0011/fsx_favoritos.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0011/fsx_favoritos)

jrocky
January 11th, 2010, 04:37
After I've installed Win7 (Five Times!!!) I decided I needed some flying time to catch up wasted hours. I decided first on the list is missions.

I actually forgot how fun they really are. Even the easy tutorials.

I know it's not really anything to brag about, but I'm going to do as much as I can before I either get bored or just plain frustrated. Racing the truck dragster comes to mind or landing on the buses roof. :)

Anyone else fly missions around here?
Anyone ever finish all missions?
What was your favorite?

Sorry for all the questions. :kilroy:

Ben

Head over to flightsimulatorxmissions.com Read the Requests for Beta Testers files. . Ole has quite a few that are not to difficult to fly and earn rewards. Beta section Downloads Try the Dec 10, 2009: 3 Mission upload and then the Crystal Lake to Glacier Park mission, nice easy mission delivering Christmas packages, neat music while flying using the default Piper Cub. The Washington DC was kind of neat too in that 3 mission download. Have fun :mixedsmi: Then Ole added a few days later a five mission download. Try the Niagara Falls mission for fun :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
January 11th, 2010, 09:07
Head over to flightsimulatorxmissions.com Read the Requests for Beta Testers files. . Ole has quite a few that are not to difficult to fly and earn rewards. Beta section Downloads Try the Dec 10, 2009: 3 Mission upload and then the Crystal Lake to Glacier Park mission, nice easy mission delivering Christmas packages, neat music while flying using the default Piper Cub. The Washington DC was kind of neat too in that 3 mission download. Have fun :mixedsmi: Then Ole added a few days later a five mission download. Try the Niagara Falls mission for fun :icon_lol:

Good site for missions. :applause:

P-12C
January 11th, 2010, 09:45
Glad you guys are enjoying the missions still and a few are building new ones. I've been reflying them myself to try and remember what worked and what didn't...

cheezyflier
January 11th, 2010, 10:07
the missions were/are one of my favorite additions to fs.
i've done most of them, except for the racing ones, because i don't have rudder pedals or a hotas. and i haven't done the slingload missions because i just don't have the skill with the eh-101. the "limited options" mission has stumped me for now. i have yet to complete successfully.i have completed all the others successfully, including several i've added. in fact i need to add some more. oh, and don't forget to get the visit/reward series, it's a must have!

for some tips on best ways to complete a mission, and how to pick up hidden rewards, go here:
http://www.fsxrewards.com/index.html

***edit***
this is an old one, i've picked up a few more since then, but here is an idea of what's available:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/cheezyridr/reward1.jpg

EgoR64
January 12th, 2010, 16:56
I like missions with :icon29: and pretzels. :applause:

Fun Stuff -

Cheers -

jmig
January 12th, 2010, 17:07
Cheezy you have done some flying. Those are as rewards.

cheezyflier
January 12th, 2010, 19:08
i can't wait till the day comes when i can build a decent computer and get pedals and a yoke instead of using this stick and my 17" crt monitor.
then i will start from scratch with my log book. right now i don't have enough computer to fly ifr in weather because the atc won't load. all my hours are fair weather/daylight. they don't really mean anything.