PDA

View Full Version : Just Uploaded - New Tailwind W10 Trigear Paint

DB93
January 10th, 2010, 20:25
Hi all,

I just finished up my latest Tailwind W10 Tri-Gear paint (though it should work on other W10's), and have uploaded it here and to the other usual places, so it should become available in the next couple of days or so.

Note that it comes in two separate packages, a 'Hi-Res' one that uses 2048x2048 textures, and a 'Performance' one that uses 1024x1024 textures. If you decide to download the paint, you only need to download the version that would be best suited to your system (which is why I broke it up into two packages.)

Both packages include mip-mapped and non-mipped versions, so you can choose which one you want to install based on which you think looks better on your system.

Anyhow, here's some screenshots. I hope some of you like it. :)
-George

Lionheart
January 10th, 2010, 21:29
OH my GOODNESS!

Check out that burled woodwork!

Very nice George! I must have it!!! Great work on the cool graphics and color selections.

:applause: :medals: :applause:

EDIT: I should post this at the Yahoo Tailwind forum. There might be a couple of owners that might want to paint their planes like this..

Bill

Naki
January 10th, 2010, 21:45
wow...thats nice!

DB93
January 10th, 2010, 21:51
Thanks for the great comments, Bill, and Naki, they're most appreciated. :)

I don't feel the pictures quite do it justice (especially the interior), so I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion once you've actually sat in it and looked around a bit. :)

Oh and Bill, if anyone ever did decide to paint their Tailwind like this, I would absolutely *LOVE* to see it. I think that would be the pinnacle of my 'skinning'! :)

Thanks again!
-George

DB93
January 11th, 2010, 06:20
Hi all,

This paint is now available for download at FlightSim for anyone interested. The Hi-Res version uses 2048x2048 textures, the Performance version uses 1024x1024 textures.

The Hi-Res version's filename is: w10tg_n1027c-hires.zip
The Performance version's filename is: w10tg_1027c-perf.zip

Enjoy! :)
-George

falcon409
January 11th, 2010, 08:47
Hi all, this paint is now available for download at FlightSim for anyone interested. The Hi-Res version uses 2048x2048 textures. . . . . . . Enjoy! -George
Beautiful job George. Just downloaded the hi-res version (no mips). I'm on an MP server right now flying in Alaska. I'll load it up on the next hop and see how everything looks.:salute:

falcon409
January 11th, 2010, 09:24
Something is really screwy here. I've tried loading this livery while in MP and it failed to load the model and then shoots me off to West Africa. lol.:isadizzy:

DB93
January 11th, 2010, 10:13
Something is really screwy here. I've tried loading this livery while in MP and it failed to load the model and then shoots me off to West Africa. lol.:isadizzy:

Wow, that's a new one to me! Does it load ok in single player/free flight for you?

Also make sure that you copied just the 'texture.W10TG_N1027C' folder from inside the '2048 No-Mips' folder into your 'Tailwind_W10_Trigear' folder, and not the '2048 No-Mips' itself. (Not saying you did this, just throwing this out there as a possible cause.)

If that still isn't what the problem is, could you show me the code you pasted into your aircraft.cfg file? I just checked the information included in the readme file, and it all looks correct, but maybe something is missing. I've tested all four versions on this end, and haven't encountered anything at all like you're experiencing, but I'm sure we'll get this worked out for you. :)

-George

falcon409
January 11th, 2010, 10:49
Wow, that's a new one to me! Does it load ok in single player/free flight for you?

Also make sure that you copied just the 'texture.W10TG_N1027C' folder from inside the '2048 No-Mips' folder into your 'Tailwind_W10_Trigear' folder, and not the '2048 No-Mips' itself. (Not saying you did this, just throwing this out there as a possible cause.)

If that still isn't what the problem is, could you show me the code you pasted into your aircraft.cfg file? I just checked the information included in the readme file, and it all looks correct, but maybe something is missing. I've tested all four versions on this end, and haven't encountered anything at all like you're experiencing, but I'm sure we'll get this worked out for you. :)

-George
Yea, everything I was doing was while I was in MP, I don't know that it would have caused it, but I'll go try switching just in free flight and see what happens.:salute:

falcon409
January 11th, 2010, 11:03
Problem's gone now. I went through 3 switches from various aircraft in and out of MP and all went as they should. I have no idea why it was messing up earlier. The interior is awesome, by the way. . .and the exterior. . .very crisp, precise graphics. . .beautiful job George, Thanks:salute:

DB93
January 11th, 2010, 11:09
Hmm, well I'm looking forward to hearing back on if it's something multiplayer specific or not (though I don't see how or why that would be the case.) Obviously I don't need to ask if you've restarted, as I'm sure you have at this point, so that leaves me looking at the code for the aircraft.cfg again. Have you tried the mipped version of the textures just to see if they exhibit the same behavior?

Is your FSX.cfg file configured for 2048 or higher textures (though I don't think that really matters, as the 2048 textures still displayed just fine when I forgot to reset my TML back to 2048 from 1024 after changing a couple of settings lol)? What about your panel folders, do you use the regular or widescreen versions (panel.ws), and depending which one you use, did you delete the other versions to save space? Perhaps the code you used from the readme file is from the 'opposite' panel of the one you kept installed (providing you deleted the ones you don't use as I mentioned in my last sentance)?

Sorry for throwing so many things at you at once, and feel free to ignore whatever doesn't apply to you. But if there's a problem with one or more files in the archive, I want to make sure I can narrow it down and fix it as quickly as possible, so my mind is shooting in a number of different directions at once to try and figure out what could cause this, especially the shooting you to Africa part, as I've never heard of anything causing that, let alone textures lol.

Has anyone else tried the 2048 non-mipped textures and encountered anything like this? Could a file have gotten corrupted when it was being compressed into the .zip file? I would really appreciate anyone whose tried the 2048 non-mipped textures to please report back their results with these textures.

Well I look forward to finding out what's causing this, so we can get it fixed for you, and will have either an answer or a fix in place should anyone else encounter this kind of behavior.

-George

DB93
January 11th, 2010, 11:10
Lol! Glad it's working now, Falcon! :) Naturally, ignore my entire last post (I know, too late, you had to read it to get to here lol.)

Glad you like it, and I appreciate the comments. :)

-George

Thoe6969
January 11th, 2010, 13:43
Nice job,love the vc,it;s now my favorite Tailwind.Thanks

Roger
January 11th, 2010, 14:56
Very well done!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/twin-21.jpg

DB93
January 11th, 2010, 15:13
Thanks for the comments all. Glad you like it. :)

-George

rvn817j
January 11th, 2010, 16:28
(Disclaimer - The position described herein is 'self appointed'.) I am a dues paying member of the Experimental Aircraft Association and, as such, I am compelled to say that the screenies of your Tailwind re-paint are 'sweet'.

I will be downloading them as soon as other commitments allow. Thanks!

Lionheart
January 11th, 2010, 16:38
Brilliant screenshot Roger.

Shows that George put a metalic finish on it.

:applause:

Bill

DB93
January 11th, 2010, 19:29
Thanks again everyone. :) The files are now up for download over at avsim as well.

-George