PDA

View Full Version : No radio chatter and machine guns (!?)

Hubey
January 10th, 2010, 15:20
I just did a fresh installation of CFS 2 on my Dell (2.66Quad/Nvidia 1024 video card, windows XP) as I love playing this WWII game from time to time. I cannot get the radio chatter to work or hear my machine guns either. I can see both radio/status messages appear above. I've searched the help section for 2 evenings, fiddled with the 'shift R and D' B and F buttons. What am I failing to do. Any ideas ?
Thanks in advanced.

mariereid
January 10th, 2010, 15:44
Hi Hubley; If you hit the Alt key, you will see a bar along the top where you will find a box called options. You can click the radio communications there. Have you tried that? In the same box is "sound". I do not know if that will help, hope so.

Hubey
January 10th, 2010, 16:02
Hi Mariereid. (Thanks for your respond) Sound and Radio communication are check marked in the options box, but to no avail.

The B24 Guy
January 10th, 2010, 16:34
Hi Hubey,

This might sound silly but, have you checked the sound silders on your settings screen?

Regards,
B24Guy

Hubey
January 10th, 2010, 18:05
Yes, I've fiddled with the sound sliders through various settings, having the communications cranked up. This problem is so wiered.

Jagdflieger
January 11th, 2010, 04:04
Is it "Q" that toggles the sound on and off? You might try that a couple of times.

sc7500
January 11th, 2010, 13:34
My Dell laptop has the annoying quality of resetting the onboard sound to "Mute" without being asked to...

Could this be part of your challenge ?

Also, if you have Sigmatel Audio controls installed, that software has its' OWN muting switches.... and (naturally) they reset themselves on my Dell occasionally, too....

Just a thought...
SC
:kilroy:

Hubey
January 12th, 2010, 18:03
It's resolved ! I was beginning to doubt my 2-month old Dell would not have the hardware capabilities to properly support this game. On the 4th night at this, I verified the 'sound and audio devices' in the control panel is properly set to 5.1 surround, and they all sounded ok. I then went into my on-board audio control panel to test each output channel. I discovered the front L & R speakers would not respond to the test!! ( yet play music and games fine) I then found behind the centre base box, the front channel cord not fully plugged in. (AARRrr) This still allowed the rear channel speakers to play out the front, fooling me. The game only sends radio chatter and machine guns to the front speakers. AAAAHHHh, now I began enjoying this game ! Thanks for all your help, ideas and inputs !