PDA

View Full Version : Nice Storch Addon by Oglivie

Jaxon
January 10th, 2010, 11:56
I nearly overlooked the upload of the Storch skin, because I was focussed on the long announced PHP, like many others too.

But I have always have a heart for the slow flying glasshouse and Piglets version is just too nice so I grab every skin, I can find for it.

The skin is not just another (nicely painted) standard LW paint (Aufkl.Gr 122 in France), it comes with a new airfile now with the possibility of a droptank. I have no exact data of the size, but it must have been around 100 liter, nearly doubling the range from 380 to 640 km!

The model for this tank was made by no other but Paul Strany.

In my opinion a musthave update for Storch lovers!

BTW: The slowflyer is exactly what you need to explore PH, I am sure you will find more detail down on the ground in this one!

:ernae:

Rami
January 10th, 2010, 12:56
Wonderful! That'll come in handy over North Africa. :ernae:

Jagdflieger
January 10th, 2010, 14:53
Thanks for the reminder Jaxon.

For those who would like the skin, it is available here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15476

tonybones2112
January 10th, 2010, 15:36
Thanks for the reminder Jaxon.

For those who would like the skin, it is available here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15476

Jagd, I was thinking about that Lysander P-12 in the other thread and your comments on it being a beach-strafer, I know 350 mph fighters ain;t much good against slow aircraft unless they are markmen or slow down and put themselves in range of that tail stinger. I was thinking of heavily armed Storches dueling it out with those Lysanders and the thought struck me: Is there an Me-108 for CFS2?

Bones

Jagdflieger
January 10th, 2010, 16:01
Guenter Kraemer made a great Taifun for FS 9. I've flown a converted version in CFS 2, but I can't locate the converson in my library for some reason.

tonybones2112
January 10th, 2010, 17:06
Guenter Kraemer made a great Taifun for FS 9. I've flown a converted version in CFS 2, but I can't locate the converson in my library for some reason.

I got one for CFS1 on another disk, have to give it a whirl. Thanks.

Bones

Oglivie
January 11th, 2010, 18:33
I thought I should also post that there is a skin update for F6+ZL that is an improvement for the top fuselage incase anyone may have of missed the download.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15604

:ernae:

tonybones2112
January 12th, 2010, 11:04

Friends, pardon me for interrupting your Storch thread.

Jagd, here is from the copyright textfile of my 108:

© 2005 Guy Gauvreau a.k.a Hubbabubba

I found mine in my CFS1 storage, I think it was the third plane I ever downloaded back in Oct., I'm sure it came from the CFS1 archives at Simviation, I downloaded a pile of planes from there before I ever discovered you guys.

My 108 zipfile is 6 meg long, and has an AI version. Apparently only one skin. There is a "debug" folder has AbacusMDLfix if there are any problems, the text says, with flying with an OS after 98. My copy flew straight out of the zipfile on XP, as Barkhorn once said, it "...flies like hell...". Beautiful little plane. Takes forever for the gear to retract, but I'm running 768 meg of RAM with a 64 meg video onboard the motherboard.

I'm on dialup but if you need a copy, I'd be glad to email you one. PM me your email. As I said, it flies beautifully in CFS2 for me and needs to be in the downloads here for CFS2. The Bf-108 is only one of two "civilian" aircraft interests me(The Beech D-17 Staggerwing is the other). I'd love to know if someone made more textures for this plane.

Take care buddy, check six.

Herr Bones