PDA

View Full Version : Game time impending.

crashaz
January 10th, 2010, 09:02
Congrats to yesterday's winners.

I can look outside the balcony today and tell you that the fans in Dallas are ecstatic to get that monkey off their back.

Today my team plays and once again people are expecting them to get rolled. Once again the experts are saying same ol' Cards.

The Cards and their fans have been listening this week.Kurt and Co. are going to shock the world again.

So to all of us who
...sat in Sun Devil Stadium in blazing August sun on metal bleachers.
... were outnumbered by the popular team's fans when they came to town
... who wince when we hear
"You've got a winner in town"
-or-
"They are who we thought they were."

:salute:

Today I donned my playoff shirt from last year. Getting ready for today's game against the Pack.

paiken
January 10th, 2010, 09:19
Ya know, I've lived in Phoenix since '73...moved here from Green Bay. Packers are still my "hometown" team. Can't get behind the Cards, no matter how well they've been playing the last two seasons. The Bidwells just leave a nasty taste in my mouth. Give me the Pack any day! GO PACK GO!!!

crashaz
January 10th, 2010, 16:49
An NFL classic game.

Quicksand
January 10th, 2010, 16:59
One of the most dramatic battles I have ever seen.....:icon29::guinness::medals::isadizzy:

N2056
January 10th, 2010, 17:01
At least one game this weekend was close!

EasyEd
January 10th, 2010, 17:26
Hey All,

Take that Green Bay - tradin Farve! He'd a won that game somehow someway.

Actually that was a heck of a game.

-Ed-

jkcook28
January 10th, 2010, 17:35
The next time one of them plays defense will be the first, good grief.

Snuffy
January 10th, 2010, 18:09
Congrats! Swell game! They just beat my boss' kid's team. LOL!

Yay!

jmig
January 10th, 2010, 18:30
Great game! We had dinner guests over tonight. Started dinner the game was like 29 pts in the Cardinals favor. Looked again and it was tied.

We finished dinner just in time to watch the Cards kicker almost end the season. We sat and watched it to the end.

I hope the Saints have roast birds for dinner on Saturday.

rayrey10
January 10th, 2010, 20:16
Very good game. Although I would not like to be in Racker's shoes. That kicked looked bad from the time it left his foot. That guy owes Karlos Dansby alot for saving his rear.

Good luck to the Cards next week when they face the Saints.

jmig
January 11th, 2010, 03:28
Very good game. snip...

Good luck to the Cards next week when they face the Saints.

WHAT!!! cough, cough!

See if I will ever pull for AU again. ;)

Love your Avatar *He tries to work the kink out of his neck*

TomSteber
January 11th, 2010, 03:28
Well, from a Green Bay fan's perspective, I wrote them off when they were down big. Never thought they would come back. Then I was shocked at the offensive output. I just want to know what the hell happened to our #2 overall defense/ #1 run defense?

When Rogers overthrew Jennings on the first play of OT, I turned to my wife and said "That was their chance". I figured they'd end up punting and not be able to stop them. Man, it's all over in a flash.

For me ( and I still have my Favre jersey) I'll take A.R. over Favre any day.
He's at the beginning of his career. Brett's at the end. At least until training camps almost over in Minnesota!

Snuffy
January 11th, 2010, 03:33
Well Tom, at least your team showed up for the game. Wish I could have been able to say that for the Patriots. :173go1:

I don't know who those guys were wearing the Patriot uniforms, but it certainly didn't appear to be anyone of the team I know. :sleep:

Emil Frand
January 11th, 2010, 05:27
Not a big Packer fan but that game was decided by the poor or lack of calls by the Refs. Rodgers gets speared by a Card with his helmet, I guess everybody but the ref saw that, the flag comes out and its on GB for holding!! The fumble shouldnt have stood with another missed penalty as the Card had his hand all over Rodgers facemask, hell the announcer called that as it happened. I know its part of football but I hate it especially in close games when the refs decide the game.
Either way I doubt GB or Arizona would have or will get past the next round, you cant let an opponet score 45 points in the playoffs and expect to get to the SB.

Trans_23
January 11th, 2010, 08:20
When Rogers overthrew Jennings on the first play of OT, I turned to my wife and said "That was their chance". I figured they'd end up punting and not be able to stop them. Man, it's all over in a flash.

I said the same thing. I am still wondering how he missed on that pass. Very Jay Cutler-esk of him.

I had only seen a few Packer games this year besides when the played the Bears. The Bears made any defense look good. All the other games I saw, their defense looks as soft as melted butter. I couldn't figure out where the #1 ranking came from. I know they only play the Bears and Detroit 4 games out of the season. They must have had as soft schedule. The numbers definitely lied on this one.

TomSteber
January 11th, 2010, 19:06
I said the same thing. I am still wondering how he missed on that pass. Very Jay Cutler-esk of him.

I had only seen a few Packer games this year besides when the played the Bears. The Bears made any defense look good. All the other games I saw, their defense looks as soft as melted butter. I couldn't figure out where the #1 ranking came from. I know they only play the Bears and Detroit 4 games out of the season. They must have had as soft schedule. The numbers definitely lied on this one.

Having seen all the games this year, the only other time I watched the defence play like that was against the Steelers. And they lost that on the last play. Once their defence got it together this year, they were VERY good.
Looking forward to next year.