PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed... please

GT182
January 9th, 2010, 17:57
I've been looking thru the TC manual and have found only vague info on Building Stations. Where can that be found? I did build my own HQ but that was a breeze..... it was in one of those humungus ship I own. Click and :pop4: it's built. Nothing like that where I needed it. Tho I did come up to the Space Beacon I was guided to. Maybe I was supposed to shoot it? It was said this was to be "very easy". Duh, not fer me. LOL

Also, I took on the job to return an abandoned ship to it's owner. Ended up I had to give up on that one as I couldn't find and find out how to use the tractorbeam. Nor could I Claim it to take it back.... yes I was with in 30 meters of it and nothing.

Tractorbeam and Claim software are installed in my Vidarsaurus. I can find nothing but "Claim" and it stayed greyed out even at 30 meters.

Thanks.

pied
January 9th, 2010, 20:39
GT it sounds as though you are using the AMS 'Apricot Mapping Service MOD'.

If so, 'claiming' requires setting a hot key in the controls menu.

Building a new station requires taking or sending your Masterdon to a shipyard that sells the station needing to be built, purchasing it, loading it into your ship, and flying to the proper sector. Once there go to the Freight menu, ,look for the station, click on it, then click build. It will appear in the sector map as a flashing icon, you can move it to the proper location by single clicking the point where you wish to place it, check the 'up down coords' by pressing 'insert' on your keyboard to switch the map around. Once you are satisfied with its location click twice or hit enter.... Whew....

Good Luck!

PIED

gigabyte
January 10th, 2010, 04:06
GT, With AMS you do get an HQ already loaded in your TS ship and as you have alreay built that to create other stations PIED has given you the basics, just take the TS (I think it is the Apricot Big Mother) to a shipyard, and look over the stations for sale in the trade menu, buy what you want and haul it to a nice spot to build it just like you did the HQ. Keep in mind that stations are prime targets for Pirates and other nastys so you might want to steer away from Xenon and pirate sectors with your first station.

Check this link for a quick guide to Complex Building, it is a little more than you ned to start but it will be useful when you become that King of Industry and need to build bigger and better.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2400519

GT182
January 10th, 2010, 08:14
Pied, yes it's the AMS Gunbus mod and I do have a hot key for Claim set. Not sure how you tow a ship back... it's hugh so maybe my Vidarsaurus isn't big enough to do the job and that's why no Tractorbeam key shows. Or it isn't installed like I thought. Gotta check.

Mike, I'll check the link out as soon as I get home. I'm at KILG and we're launching the Mig-21 and L-39 right now..... and freezin our butts off. LOL It's colder here than a you know what, and the wind ain't helpin one bit. ;)

GT182
January 10th, 2010, 11:55
I've put the Station Complex Tutorial, the link Mike gave above, and Advanced Tractor Beam in a TXT file. All the links are added behind the individual downloads to make it easier to get to them.

Just download the zip file and go from there. Good luck.

pied
January 10th, 2010, 18:22
GT,

With the hot key set I think that you have to select it as the target....

PIED

GT182
January 10th, 2010, 18:39
Yeah I think that probably it Pied. I'll have to give it a try tomorrow..... we had company tonight so my X3 time was kaput. I'll let you know if that's it as soon as I can, after I have my morning coffee.

GT182
January 13th, 2010, 09:54
I had a chance to look for Claim in Extensions and it's not there anymore. I had a key set to it but now it's changed somehow to Beam Astronaut... And I have two Beam Astronaut in there now, tho one is set to a different key. Strange to say the least.

harleyman
January 13th, 2010, 10:26
Will you all please speak a language I understand....LOL :icon_lol:

gigabyte
January 13th, 2010, 12:56
Will you all please speak a language I understand....LOL :icon_lol:

Leave this one for now Harley, they are talking about Mods and Complex building and that is a way down the road for most players. I actually completed the story line from two different starts before I built my first station and I have yet to bother with a complex. When you get the funds you might find it handy to build a Solar Power Plant, they are easy to keep stocked and come in handy when you want free energy cells.

Gig

harleyman
January 13th, 2010, 13:11
Leave this one for now Harley, they are talking about Mods and Complex building and that is a way down the road for most players. I actually completed the story line from two different starts before I built my first station and I have yet to bother with a complex. When you get the funds you might find it handy to build a Solar Power Plant, they are easy to keep stocked and come in handy when you want free energy cells.

Gig

LOL Oh I was not touching this with a ten foot pole.....

Tinas B Day today..Off to see Avatar 3D.....

Then home to outer space.....YEA !

Marlin
January 13th, 2010, 14:45
So Harley are you going to be the one that gets the new NVIDIA 3D vid card?

I'm not sure if it will convert those things like X3 into 3D or if it has to be designed that way to start with, but that sounds REALLY cool.

Speaking of stations, I would like ONE station where you can buy ALL the software / hardware you need or want. Wouldn't that be cool.

harleyman
January 13th, 2010, 17:24
Hmmm 3D Graphics? how cool would that be...?