PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

hey_moe
January 9th, 2010, 17:17
Anybody using this? I decided to give it a try for 8.99 a month. A friend of mine raves about it. I really wanted it because of the instance download of movies. Linda ordered one movie and we got it today. It locked up 80% of the way into the movie....lol. Anyway with HBO, Starzs...ect..ect. This way seemed the cheaper way to go...Mike

Cloud9Gal
January 9th, 2010, 17:19
Mike~ I used to be with Netflix and loved it until they started "slowing down" the shipping of my movies.
I switched to BlockBuster, who has a very similar program, and I have been satisfied with them for the past 2 yrs.
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s827.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

You will LOVE the convenience of it all! You keep the movies as long as you want with no late fee ever!

Emil Frand
January 9th, 2010, 17:30
I got it about 3 months ago and couldn be happier with it, cant believe I didnt have interest it before this. Doin the 9 buck plan, movies I order are here in 1 day and have had no problems. the watch instantly stuff is awesome and theres quite a selection, movies,tv,history channel stuff etc etc.

Navy Chief
January 9th, 2010, 18:09
I've had Netflix for about three years now, and love it. Also have two of the ROKU boxes: one upstairs and downstairs. Fantastic! I scarcely ever turn on tv, except to watch movies now....... NC

Tom Clayton
January 9th, 2010, 18:25
I made the switch to Netflix after Blockbuster Online kept gifing me the runaround on why they would never ship a movie at the top of my queue that was listed as available. It sat there for a month, never shipped, and every time I asked why all I got was some speach about weighing the availability from this warehouse vs. that one. I finally told them that if they had to ship it from California, that was the movie I wanted to see next. If they didn't, I would drop them on the spot. Two days later, they got dropped. If you spend enough time at home, the three-at-a-time plan is the best deal. I'm only running the one-at-a-time plan because funds are tight.

Side note, if you get a disc that's messed up, just go online and there's an option on your queue page to report an issue with the discs you have out. If you report one as unplayable, they'll offer you the same title or the next one in line and ship it the next business day. You ship the bad one back at your convenience.

hey_moe
January 9th, 2010, 18:47
Well I like it for the instance download. I should be able to test it on my SP3 come Monday. They are suppose to send a special disk to be able DL on the SP3...Mike

Helldiver
January 9th, 2010, 19:30
I've been with Netflix for better than three years. During that time I've had two disks that were not perfect, They sent a replacement the next day. They are based out of Worcester, MA so it in only one days delivery. I get at least two movies a week.
Plus I can watch a great number of them right on my computer. I watched "Horatio's Journey" tonight, about the first man to cross the country by car 1n 1903. So I can get movies every night of the week. I certainly get my $8.99 a month out of them.

Henry
January 9th, 2010, 19:39
been using them for years
love it
actually i just finished watching a British movie a 6 part series
and 3 to a dvd
i have to wait till next week to see the end:icon_lol:
but always had good service
H

Piglet
January 9th, 2010, 20:07
My sister LOVES Netflix! She's always got DVD's coming and going

Willy
January 9th, 2010, 20:10
My daughter in college loves it.

Gdavis101
January 9th, 2010, 21:52
I had it for almost two years, but after I saw how Blockbuster sends you all the new releases when you want them I decided to cancel my Netflix membership. I never had any issues with the online portion of Netflix.

harleyman
January 10th, 2010, 01:49
Had it several years back and loved it..Actually more like 6 years back..My movies came three at a time the next day always...

Dropped it after about 6 months when we could get DirecTV out here...

Never see much TV now anyways..To much going on..

Emil Frand
January 10th, 2010, 05:35
Yeah I should get a ROKU box, right now I use my laptop and connect it to the flatscreen with an hdmi cable.

Tom Clayton
January 10th, 2010, 07:29
They are based out of Worcester, MA so it in only one days delivery.
They actually have shipping locations all over the country. You'd have to live in a pretty remote region to only get two day service from them.

aeromed202
January 10th, 2010, 09:55
We've had good experiences with it. Two kids and me the movie hound keep the discs rolling. Had only one damaged disc in 1.5 years which was replaced within 2 days. They sent me another before they recieved the bad one. Now if only they would dig harder for those hard-to-find copies to fill out their catalog...