PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus

6297J
January 9th, 2010, 09:24
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/3053/553113010281681956pegas.jpg

I found this in a junk shop in Paris about twenty years ago. One of those useless items you just feel you have to have without really knowing why. It's about 3cms tall.

D300, 60mm AF-S f2.8. Shot in a home made light tent with household lighting.

Cloud9Gal
January 9th, 2010, 10:04
I just can't get over how "crisp" the image is. So clean looking!
Wow! Nice find 6297J!!
Thanks for posting!

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s9857.gif (http://www.tiptopglobe.com/free-smiles-smileys-emoticons-blog-forum-email)

JorisVandenBerghe
January 9th, 2010, 10:15
How did you got that nice black background ? A curtain or so ? (Edit: have just seen how you did it, thank you).

Looks magnificent...At least the visit to the junk shop was worth it :icon_lol:.

Ahh, Paris :france:... Il y a cinq heures, Paris s'éveille... (It's five AM, Paris wakes up).

Cloud9Gal
January 9th, 2010, 10:17
How did you got that nice black background ? A curtain or so ? Looks magnificent...At least the visit to the junk shop was worth it :icon_lol:.

Ahh, Paris :france:... Il y a cinq heures, Paris s'éveille... (It's five AM, Paris wakes up).

Tu parles français aussi Joris?

JorisVandenBerghe
January 9th, 2010, 10:23
J'essaie de parler français, oui :kilroy:. Seriously, I'm studying applied linguistics, English & French.

Problem with French is that 1) it's one of the main languages in Belgium and 2) one hears/reads English anywhere - books, television, internet, music, you name it.

It's kind of tricky when you are told to read as much French newspapers, websites, listen to French music, as you can and afterwards are told to do exactly the same for English. I'm a man, can't do two things at the same time/simultaneously (last one's one my favourite English words :mixedsmi:).

Cloud9Gal
January 9th, 2010, 10:31
I completely understand!! I speak fluent English & French and making my way there with Spanish also.
If you ever need help with your French, please let me know. It's my first language! I will be more than happy to help you out!
I also encourage you to read French, listen to French music, French programs, etc. It can only help in increasing your vocabulary and prononciation skills.
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s8737.gif

JorisVandenBerghe
January 9th, 2010, 10:47
My apologies for hijacking this thread, 6297J :kilroy:. Thank you for the offer, C9G, it's highly appreciated. I did two years of Spanish while I was in secondary school, but Spanish wasn't my cup of tea. Still understand a bit of it though.

When I went to school (university-college Brussels) on the first day, September 21st...oh, dear :kilroy:. And I had been thinking I was good at languages :isadizzy:. Still have lots to learn. But like the noseart of a P-47: "No guts, no glory!".

C9G, consider yourself lucky to be that fluent in French & English. Nearly nobody can achieve true native speaker level. Near-native speaker level, ok...but even that's very, very difficult.

What I do like about English & French is that frequently vocabulary is similar (difficult, difficile for example). Making it way easier to remember.

And now back on-topic. Poor 6297J...

6297J
January 9th, 2010, 10:53
How did you got that nice black background ? A curtain or so ? (Edit: have just seen how you did it, thank you).

Looks magnificent...At least the visit to the junk shop was worth it :icon_lol:.

Thank you Joris - yes, the light tent had a black home made 'Infinity Screen' as the background.

My apologies for going hijacking this thread, 6297J :kilroy:.

And now back on-topic. Poor 6297J...

De rien :icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
January 9th, 2010, 13:34
Great shot - low noise! :jump:

6297J
January 9th, 2010, 13:44
Thanks. The only time I use my tripod is on indoor 'studio' shots like this so I can use the lowest ISO possible and have total control over the lighting.