PDA

View Full Version : Mike's Cubs

LTCSZ
January 8th, 2010, 19:11
Looks like the Cub purchase site is active...

Oops...Jumped the gun...The "Coming Soon" is gone but still can't purchase...Sorry

lawdawg
January 8th, 2010, 19:27
Yeah, saw that too.
Gotta be soon.....
Poor F5 button

mike_cyul
January 8th, 2010, 20:24
Just six mouse-clicks away from release (touch wood). :)

But that'll be tomorrow morning (Eastern time). After I've had my coffee. :engel016:

Mike

lawdawg
January 8th, 2010, 20:33
OK,
It's on

Cag40Navy
January 8th, 2010, 20:51
Just six mouse-clicks away from release (touch wood). :)

But that'll be tomorrow morning (Eastern time). After I've had my coffee. :engel016:

Mike

CANT WAIT!

spotlope
January 8th, 2010, 21:42
I've never been so happy to life in the Pacific Time zone. I can sleep in while you have your coffee. ;)

rsharrard
January 8th, 2010, 22:39
Hey, while we're waiting, if ya haven't been to the real Cubcrafter's site. here's a link www.cubcrafters.com Go to the video section and they've got a pretty impressive video of the 2010 Super Cub doing a Really short take-off followed by a very steap climb-out. There is also some cool videos of competions in Valdez and this guy who's got "Got Rocks" painted on the coweling... This guy does some real crazy landings and take-offs. Robin

robcap
January 8th, 2010, 23:07
But that'll be tomorrow morning (Eastern time). After I've had my coffee. :engel016:MikeThanks for answering my question here:kilroy::icon_lol:. I'll check 6 hours from now!

R.

lawdawg
January 8th, 2010, 23:11
Paul Claus has a real short takeoff in the carbon cub @ Valdez.
19' if I remember right.
Yep, those videos are good rsharrard. Have ya seen Cubdriver 749er?

rsharrard
January 9th, 2010, 03:03
Not sure, but I'll look it up...

Roger
January 9th, 2010, 03:16
Looking forward to seeing the whole package myself!:engel016:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/sce-6.jpg

rsharrard
January 9th, 2010, 03:27
Thanks Lawdawg...That was a real treat. I'm not positive but the L-21 thats in quite a few of his pictures and the young pilot are no more...they were on there way back from a tour of some Glaziers and come across a huge beached Whale, and while filming at low altitude, the young man lost airspeed and stalled er into the ground. I think his parents still maintain his web site with all the picture.

mike_cyul
January 9th, 2010, 03:32
Thanks Lawdawg...That was a real treat. I'm not positive but the L-21 thats in quite a few of his pictures and the young pilot are no more...they were on there way back from a tour of some Glaziers and come across a huge beached Whale, and while filming at low altitude, the young man lost airspeed and stalled er into the ground. I think his parents still maintain his web site with all the picture.

The young man in question was Shaun Lunt, a gifted photographer among other things. The red and white L-21 Extreme in the package is loosely modeled around his aircraft - but only loosely. It was a very good-looking Cub, imho.

Mmmm, this is good coffee.... :)

Mike

Fireball6
January 9th, 2010, 03:37
Hope- for us - it is an expresso :icon_lol:

Dirk

lawdawg
January 9th, 2010, 04:00
Yep, I thought there were some hints/ a nod to
Shaun's plane. Lonnies too maybe??
I am stoked.

@rsharrard, I am glad you liked. Great stuff for sure.

arrowmaker
January 11th, 2010, 01:10
For anyone interested in Shaun Lunt's story and some beautiful Alaskan images:

http://www.shaunlunt.typepad.com/

jmig
January 11th, 2010, 03:22
For anyone interested in Shaun Lunt's story and some beautiful Alaskan images:

http://www.shaunlunt.typepad.com/

I remember reading about that and going to the site, shortly after the accident. What a terrible lost and tragedy.