PDA

View Full Version : OT.....Google Earth

harleyman
January 8th, 2010, 15:12
Ok..So I found my house with Google earth.....

But its not such a good image...I have seen many post theirs here that are clear and crisp...

Is there something that I am doing wrong, or do I have the wrong thing???

Thanks...

falcon409
January 8th, 2010, 15:21
Depends on the coverage area for Hi-Res imagery. You could be right across the line that divides the hi res from the "not so hi res". It all depends on where that line occurs. That's why a lot of the airports I'd like to do aren't done, because the imagery available doesn't fall in an area that's hi res.

Actually that shot doesn't look all that bad.

harleyman
January 8th, 2010, 15:27
I see...Thanks..So then its not the same all over..Did not know that...

I wanted a closer ground look..but as I got low and level, my house just went flat...LOL

Henry
January 8th, 2010, 15:38
mine are bad res also
sometimes you will see a camera in a place click on that
and you can see more
H

Henry
January 8th, 2010, 15:51
like this
looks like you have a nice place though:applause:
H

harleyman
January 8th, 2010, 15:52
The cameras are cool...There is one at the turn off to my road..but its a mile from my house.....

harleyman
January 8th, 2010, 15:53
Is that your place henry?

Can you find any house if you have the address to it?

falcon409
January 8th, 2010, 16:11
I see...Thanks..So then its not the same all over..Did not know that...
By way of comparison, here's my Apartment Complex (not even as good as yours):

res non verba
January 8th, 2010, 17:28
for when a sim with this detail?

my home:

JSkorna
January 8th, 2010, 17:28
Hi All,

Yes, most any address can be found. Pretty scary if someone wanted to get you.:icon_lol:

jdhaenens
January 8th, 2010, 17:40
Try the Bird's Eye View on Virtual Earth (now Bing):

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&cp=44.023938~-99.71&style=h&lvl=4&tilt=-89.875918865193&dir=0&alt=7689462.6842358

spotlope
January 8th, 2010, 18:23
Hey, this is kinda fun. Here's my place in Bing's birds-eye view.

Henry
January 8th, 2010, 18:26
Is that your place henry?

Can you find any house if you have the address to it?
its a satelite
just look where you want
they are images from 2002 with google though
H

Henry
January 8th, 2010, 18:30
i got a pic of my old flat in london
i thought that was cool lived there 30 years ago
H

MCDesigns
January 8th, 2010, 18:56
Hey, this is kinda fun. Here's my place in Bing's birds-eye view.

WOW, Kinda scary I can see my bedroom window and car in birds-eye view!

I am thrilled though as I have some scenery projects that might benefit from this, hmmmmm

robcap
January 8th, 2010, 23:02
Indeed, this IS fun.

R.

6297J
January 8th, 2010, 23:58
The resolution and IQ really took a step backwards with the last Google Earth update - I don't know why. It's never been great for UK coverage but in the US especially it used to be crystal clear. Now it's much more blurry.

Seaking055
January 9th, 2010, 06:35
I have a ton of fun with both Google Earth and Virtual Earth, I have everyplace I've lived in the UK bookmarked. The place I was brought up in Surrey, I can see right in the back yard.

Also looked up Culdrose and Lee on Solent, all high res. I like the new addition to Google Maps where you can drag the little guy icon across into the view and go right onto the road and look at the buildings where it's available.

IanP
January 9th, 2010, 07:33
You can tell the age of some of the imagery by the fact that my old car is still on there at Telford Station car park and our old flat, yet my new(er) car is also on there at our current house... :icon_lol:

The quality definitely varies. We can see whose car is whose here in the Black Country, but I can't even pick out an airport on an island in the Great Lakes that Lewis from A2A wanted me to recreate.

Mickey D
January 9th, 2010, 08:29
Now I know where you all live I'll come and 'nick' yer washing. :) Hey Harleyman is your house the shack or the one with the pool? :)

harleyman
January 9th, 2010, 10:15
Now I know where you all live I'll come and 'nick' yer washing. :) Hey Harleyman is your house the shack or the one with the pool? :)

The Shack I live in and am the pool boy for the rich chic that ownes the pool...:ernae:

CBris
January 9th, 2010, 21:27
I like the view I get out of my office window - I get a good view anything that takes off or lands on 05 (I am on the fourth floor - or fifth if you are using US designations)