PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sky Scenery - Southern Utah/Canyonlands Released.

Dain Arns
January 8th, 2010, 09:28
Posting this in another thread, I realized no one had mentioned this yet.

Gottfried at Blue Sky Scenery posted his southern Utah Canyonlands photo scenery over New Years.
The scenery is freeware/donation (If you like it, donate to help with server upkeep)
The higher resolution ones are available through the link below.

Lower resolution are available through AVSIM.

Right now it's weighing in at about 260 photoscenery tiles for the higher resolution, so thats lots of downloading ahead if you want the whole area.
Lot's of HD space too.
But if you enjoy low slow canyon flying, I think it's worth the time and effort, IMHO.

http://www.blueskyscenery.com/UT.html

harleyman
January 8th, 2010, 09:49
Thanks for the heads up....:wavey:

Dain Arns
January 8th, 2010, 10:02
Just a warning, I'm downloading some of the high resolution tiles, and the servers are slooooooow today.
I think more and more folks have found out about this and are downloading.
Plus, I don't want to pay for the "premium" download rate from MegaUpload. :icon_lol:

It's annoying sometimes using that server, but as a freeware person, I suppose it was the cheapest option to provide the files?
It would be a real bummer to see 260 files on AVSim, for example.

Cactuskid
January 8th, 2010, 20:30
I DL'd the entire Monument Valley package and what was finished of the neighboring Lake Powell package to the west. I found that the time of day makes a big difference in download speeds at MegaUpload. If I do my downloading late at night I've gotten over 600 mb/s. During the day it's been down to 50 mb/s... Weekends can be slow too.

Dain Arns
January 9th, 2010, 08:10
I DL'd the entire Monument Valley package and what was finished of the neighboring Lake Powell package to the west. I found that the time of day makes a big difference in download speeds at MegaUpload. If I do my downloading late at night I've gotten over 600 mb/s. During the day it's been down to 50 mb/s... Weekends can be slow too.

I was getting close to 600 mb/s now. :applause:
(Might have been my provider yesterday, didn't think about that)

TheOptimist
January 9th, 2010, 08:24
600mb/s?

What kind of internet connection are you using!? :173go1:

Dain Arns
January 9th, 2010, 09:13
600mb/s?

What kind of internet connection are you using!? :173go1:

Oh you are so right, should be 600 KB/s. Happy?
872 KB/sec the last run...

CrisGer
January 9th, 2010, 11:24
does this scenery wipe out the autogen? that is my main problem with any photoscenery, as i like the trees and other autogen things to happen.

Cactuskid
January 9th, 2010, 11:39
does this scenery wipe out the autogen? that is my main problem with any photoscenery, as i like the trees and other autogen things to happen.

This is the Utah Canyonlands... Not much autogen there to worry about, especially at 3000' AGL...