PDA

View Full Version : ok yup.... i'm Addicted

Matt Wynn
January 8th, 2010, 05:25
installed it last night at 2200, havent been off it since and it's now 1424... erm yeah, just test flying mostly at the moment... with the X52 it's a real treat :) so guys thanks for the images and talk of that spurred me to get this, it's FANTASTIC! :ernae::jump::jump:

Chacha
January 8th, 2010, 08:58
installed it last night at 2200, havent been off it since and it's now 1424... erm yeah, just test flying mostly at the moment... with the X52 it's a real treat :) so guys thanks for the images and talk of that spurred me to get this, it's FANTASTIC! :ernae::jump::jump:

Smoothie,

Welcome to Xuniverse..... :ernae:

Matt Wynn
January 8th, 2010, 09:06
many thanks, i must say i'm quite enjoying it, just crystal/ore trading at the moment, building a profit :icon_lol:

Lionheart
January 8th, 2010, 09:29
I havent tried crystal trading yet.. I might have to check it out. Good price yield?

By the way, welcome Smoothie, to the X3 addict group, lol...

Bill

Matt Wynn
January 8th, 2010, 09:37
it seems ok if you can locate the right place, only started and i'm saddled with a Mercury and in the Argon Prime, Herrons Nebula and Home of Light area... anyone with any trading tips ? i noticed that ore running can be dicey, and that cost drops depending how much they already have, any tips? eager to get a bigger craft :icon_lol:

GT182
January 8th, 2010, 10:33
Hey Smoothie, the new X3 Addict. Get the Apricot Mapping Service Gunbus Mod and your problems will be solved on getting a new ship..... you'll have 18 others to choose from. ;) And they are sweet too. :d

Link for downloads here.... http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/

AMS HQ home page here..... http://apricotmappingservice.com/

Get Scorp's Universe map here.... http://www.suu-design.com/downloads.html It's the 3rd one down the page. [X3 map v1.2 by Scorp - v1.2.3.8]

Lionheart
January 8th, 2010, 11:25
Smoothie,

I found all the Northern Sectors fairly early and was doing a TON of Ore runs from the mines around the sectors of Ceo's Buckzoid. Its North by NorthEast about 5 sectors up. There are a cluster of Ore mines up around there.

Note, a good way of exploring and looking for other Jump Gates is to come through a gate and go straight. You 'should' be able to see the next gate come up after a while. Some sectors do not have gates on all sides. Some only have one gate (dead ends). When trying to find a gate in a thick Nebula, look for where the traffic is flowing from. They should lead you to a gate.

Also, some stations sell maps and that will instantly show you where your gates are for several sectors. (They usually sell 4 sectors at a time).

Teladianium is also big up there around Ceo's Buckzoid and the close sectors surrounding it. I sold TONS of ore around there. They use it alot at missle factories.

Bill

Matt Wynn
January 8th, 2010, 11:36
ok cheers, gonna see how i do un-modified for a while, other places talk about the script editor but i'm steering clear of that :icon_lol: back to running ore around in an unarmed craft...

GT182
January 8th, 2010, 13:15
For the AMS mod you don't need a script editor or installer.... just extract it to you main TC folder and it goes in just fine. That's how I did it... I was leary of doing it but took the chance and it turned out ok.

Matt Wynn
January 8th, 2010, 13:21
ok i'll give it a try...:salute:

gigabyte
January 8th, 2010, 14:09
OK I have to say it - "And Another one Bytes the dust"...lol WELCOME to the XUniverse Smoothie, glad to have you with us.

If you have not already check out the Begiinners tips topic, Bill wrote some great starter tips in that. Regarding Mods/Script Editor in the beginning, it is up to you, but I think getting you feet wet with the Vanilla game and no mods to start is a good way to learn the ropes, I played X3 Reunion like that for almost a year before I added my first Mod and was never disappointed. The only Modification I recommend right off the bat is the Cockpit mod (if you are a VC / cockpit fellow like me). That does not change the gameplay and is very easy to install.

Here is the link for the Cockpit Mod - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635

It is quite simple to install, just unzip the files, and copy them to the mods folder inside your main X3 game folder (if the Mods folder does not exist create it) then when you start the game on the Game launcher screen select the Mods Button, highlight the the POC1 entry (it shoud be the only one) click OK and when you return to the launcher start as usual. The Mod will remain activated so you only have to select it once, and now you will have basic VC's for all of the regular ships, I have heard there are a few that have no cockpit but I haven't seen any yet.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing, above all Live Long and Prosper...lol

Craig Taylor
January 8th, 2010, 18:35
... I think getting your feet wet with the Vanilla game and no mods to start is a good way to learn the ropes...

I've approached it that way as well, with no regrets. There's so much to see and do in the unmodded game that I want to finish the main story line before I start fiddlin'...that being said, it took me weeks just to get to the main plot start point with 'Humble Trader'! :icon_lol:

As far as crystals go, meh! Space fuel is where the real money's at -- right Chacha? :icon_lol:

Lionheart
January 8th, 2010, 18:42
As far as crystals go, meh! Space fuel is where the real money's at -- right Chacha? :icon_lol:

LOLOLOL...

:ernae:

Bill

Chacha
January 8th, 2010, 18:44
I've approached it that way as well, with no regrets. There's so much to see and do in the unmodded game that I want to finish the main story line before I start fiddlin'...that being said, it took me weeks just to get to the main plot start point with 'Humble Trader'! :icon_lol:

Absolutely right, Craig....

That is pennies for hundreds of dollar ..... that where I got my money to start with... BUT...

It's illegal...

I still have some of the Space Fuel, they (police) never caught me, they somehow don't scan unmanned vehicle....

Oh... MY GUILT! :isadizzy:

GT182
January 8th, 2010, 18:56
ok i'll give it a try...:salute:

LO....... Hey, I'm not trying to push ya Smoothie. Tho if you stay with the Vanilla and try to finish it out, you could be looking at a minimum of 2 years just for good behavior.... game time I mean. ;) :bump:

Vanilla is good for the learning curve, but there's so much more to really get you addicted. :d And withdrawl isn't pretty either. :bump:

Craig Taylor
January 8th, 2010, 19:09
they somehow don't scan unmanned vehicle....

Chacha, that was the BEST TIP EVER!!! :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
January 9th, 2010, 04:24
yeah day 1 i started with well, a daft Mercury Freighter by the end of the day i have my first near million from ferrying ore from Herrons Nebula into Argon prime or Home of light, i just woke up and first instinct was Tea, Ciggy, PC and X3... back to hauling stuff, with cockpits now :jump:

Matt Wynn
January 9th, 2010, 06:39
still going :) i made a save game for a laugh, and comandeered the argon one....... well i also found a way to deal with pesky tailgaters in the thing, reverse! :icon_lol: back to my other save with the Mercury :icon_lol:

Chacha
January 9th, 2010, 07:30
Chacha, that was the BEST TIP EVER!!! :icon_lol:

Eeeeks...

Craig,

That's bad.... Illegal! ... Not Right...... Wrong...... Forbidden by law... Contrary to rules and regulation....black market.... felonious...... not approved .... smuggled.... Prohibited ..... prosecutable .... unauthorized .... racket ... shady .... smuggled ...contraband... :isadizzy:

What have I done! :isadizzy:

Matt Wynn
January 9th, 2010, 07:54
it's only illegal if you get caught :icon_lol: or so my sgt tells me on base :icon_lol::salute: