PDA

View Full Version : WIP video promo for SU LT-6G

X_eidos2
January 7th, 2010, 16:52
A sneak peak at the first part of a promo video that I'm currently working on for the SkyUnlimited FSX LT-6G. I tried to come up with a short scenario that shows off all the extras that will come with the plane. I was also trying to re-create a situation that was similar to the cover artwork on the Squadron-Signal book "T-6 Texan in action", a reference book that's been sitting on my work table for almost 4 years now. There's the TACP jeep with drivers, the 105mm Howitzer with animated gun crew, a special effects locater and a camera locater. I currently have the video uploaded to Vimeo. If people need it on YouTube or some other site, just let me know.

http://vimeo.com/8602436

The new version of FSRecorder module was also used to make this video. The F-84G that you see flying around was made by Jens B. Kristensen. His model just had droppable fuel tanks that could be turned on or off. To get the jets to be loaded with bombs, I built a pair of bombs in gmax and positioned them so that they would line up with the wing pylons. Using the new features in the FSRecorder advanced playback menu I was able to quickly make a copy of the F-84 flight and have the bombs fly the same flight at the same time. So when you see the formation fly by, you're actually seeing four models following one recorded flight with various offsets applied to the different models.

The second part of the promo video will show the SNJ-4C landing on the USS Monterey.

CodyValkyrie
January 7th, 2010, 17:37
Great! This looks like a really cool package!

mfitch
January 7th, 2010, 19:32
That video looks like a lot of work. Thanks for the preview, it looks great.