took me a week to kill it
H

Dangerous Beans
January 7th, 2010, 13:15
Have you tried Malwarebytes ?
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

OBIO
January 7th, 2010, 13:16
That is one tough nut to crack. My wife's aunt got that and Alpha Antivirus on her system....took 6 hours to finally get rid of the Alpha Antivirus (which is actually a very very bad nasty)....an additional 8 hours of work on two evenings and the Desktop Defender is still there....and I have thrown everything I know to do at it. The next step is to totally wipe the HD and rebuild her system....luckily she only uses it to play games and read the news on line...no banking, no e-mail.

OBIO

harleyman
January 7th, 2010, 14:03
I use and resell PCTools...Virus and Spyware..it will kill it fior sure..

Online it sells for 39.95 US and it will do three computers for a year...

I get rigs in all the time covered up with those trojans that have gotten past Norton, Macafee , Trend, AVG payware , and I forget the others..

PCTools has never failed..

have one now in the shop with over 279 of them..its been tough, but it can be done.....If they are that many I suggest a disaster recovery, as the OS will fall apart after cleaning with time...

wallyboard
January 7th, 2010, 14:12
I used the Microsoft tool the last time I had problems;

http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.aspx

Cheers
Larry

Chacha
January 7th, 2010, 14:14
I use and resell PCTools...Virus and Spyware..it will kill it fior sure..

Online it sells for 39.95 US and it will do three computers for a year...

I get rigs in all the time covered up with those trojans that have gotten past Norton, Macafee , Trend, AVG payware , and I forget the others..

PCTools has never failed..

have one now in the shop with over 279 of them..its been tough, but it can be done.....If they are that many I suggest a disaster recovery, as the OS will fall apart after cleaning with time...

My laptop just got infected with this nasty trojans, I brought it to CompUSA to fix.... i forgot how much I pay.... less than the geeks.... :isadizzy:

And I have to clean my PC, they use the same IP... PC was infected too... it took me 2 weeks to totally clean my PC... without touching the HD... but I have to clean it, re clean it with at least 3 virus protection... be patient, clean it and re clean it.... it is worth the time and effort and it saves you hassle to erase all your HD... :pop4:

Now I have PCTools on laptop and PC... I listened to the gurus... AVG and Avast could not clean them well... :running:

harleyman
January 7th, 2010, 14:35
One local shop here in town charges 90 bucks for virus removal..that includes a crappy program too..guarenteed a reinfection with it..

Staples charges 130 bucks for virus removal..it also inclides a crappy program that will fail in time....

BestBuy chargees 199 bucks and gives you another crappy program ...

My shop I charge 39.95 for PCTools...And 25 bucks to clean it...It can take me sometimes 6-8 or more hours to get it completely done..... Thats a total of 65 bucks, you get one of the best programs out, and you can install it on two more computers....

Plus I allow them to bring in their other two rigs and I will install PCTools for them also, but 25 more if its infected and hard to do..

There are tricks to getting the definations updated before the trojan killes it and then cant see not remove it...

That is what these trojans attack first..They shut down the deffination that sees it, so you update, scan, and think you are clean..You are not usually..i some times have to uninstall my program after a first deep sweep, reinstall, get new deffinations, then another deep sweep, and I always fine more..

So, self fixers..Beware...It can and will shut you down before your first scan after purchase and installing it...

Warrant
January 7th, 2010, 15:01
Amazing, the amounts charged to get computers "clean" of virusses, trojan horses, malware, etc etc.
All with different packages, software, tools ect.
All vendors, no doubt, get provision by software companies, who developed this crap with the help of those creating this very pestious stuff we have to defend ourselfs aginst.

A nice example of a vicious circle, in which the amount of $ (or Euro's if you will) is ever increasing!

And we all gonna PAY!, couse we don't want our precious files infected or lost.

Man, what a bummer to see post like these, with discussions of which program to get and which not. Viral programmers most likely scan forums like these to have a good laugh, while sidelooking at their big paycheck from the "anti-virus" software house they currently work for.

Bweg! :tgun2::a1451::sniper::rocket::banghead: