PDA

View Full Version : upcoming navtive Tiger Moth

jeansy
January 7th, 2010, 12:00
not sure if this has been mentioned yet, i had a quick scan through and couldnt find it

after reading the JF moth thread i thought i would raise this

but for those who know ant (anthony31) from here, hes the guy who has done those outstanding aussie airfields,

hes now doing a fsx native moth

http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1261488098.jpg

the thread about his moth can be found here> http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4637

hopefully this may bring a smile to some:ernae:

d0mokun
January 7th, 2010, 12:09
Superb.

Matt Wynn
January 7th, 2010, 12:10
oh yes! gotta love the Tiggie :jump:

Mithrin
January 7th, 2010, 12:11
That's great news. That's another one of those classic planes that I just adore hehe!

Naki
January 7th, 2010, 12:13
Nice! Having been for a flight in a Tiger Moth I will be watching this one closely.

Nick C
January 7th, 2010, 12:19
Thanks for the info Matt, please keep us updated.

stiz
January 7th, 2010, 12:25
looks lovely :applause: :applause: :applause:

Roger
January 7th, 2010, 12:45
Oooohhhh YES!!!:applause:

Pips
January 7th, 2010, 12:57
Absolutely beautiful. I have the Just Flight Tiger, but as native FSX is most welcome. Now all we need is a period rendition of Temora to go with it! :jump:

kurt190
January 7th, 2010, 13:01
Excellent - it looks really nice. You just hve to have a good Tiggie.

kurt

ryanbatc
January 7th, 2010, 13:03
Wow that looks really nice!

Dexdoggy
January 7th, 2010, 13:16
Ant's work is superb! I use his RAAF Tindal (in Northern Territory) as my primary jet testing base, and also do a lot of flying out of Bundaburg, Lady Elliot Island and Hamilton Island (to name only a few!). They are highly detailed and very frame-rate friendly!

This Tiger Moth looks awesome! :applause::applause::applause:

anthony31
January 7th, 2010, 13:38
Which part of "Top Secret" didn't you understand Jeansy?

Just kidding! :)

Anyway, the little plane is coming along nicely with only the sounds and the dark mystical art of flight dynamics to work on (plus a few different paints would be nice and don't forget all those little things you need to clean up as a project nears completion).

At the moment framerates are about equal with the Real Air Marchetti but as is usual with these your results may vary.

Note that this is a very modern Tiger Moth though and is meant to represent those still flying today so it includes a few creature comforts (ie a radio or two) and some variations from the originals.

Gauges are all lovely smooth 3D ones as well (cause I love 3D gauges :) ).

Here's another pic :

Matt Wynn
January 7th, 2010, 13:50
on a tiger moth note anyone have details about Elmdon, or what is now Birmingham Airport (EGBB) as it was an RAF Training station during ww2 and used tiger moths and magisters if i recall correctly...

back to tiggie, she looks great... i honestly have never wanted an aircraft so much in my life... :jump::jump::jump:

jeansy
January 7th, 2010, 13:55
Which part of "Top Secret" didn't you understand Jeansy?

Anthony being from the military i dont understand the whole top secret thing :kilroy:

anthony31
January 7th, 2010, 14:02
Anthony being from the military i dont understand the whole top secret thing :kilroy:

LOL :)

IanP
January 7th, 2010, 14:12
on a tiger moth note anyone have details about Elmdon, or what is now Birmingham Airport (EGBB) as it was an RAF Training station during ww2 and used tiger moths and magisters if i recall correctly.

Tiger Moths, Magisters and strangely for a single engine flight training school, Oxfords. Plus Harts, Hinds and a few other random types in the early days.

I have three pages including an overly small, but detailed, diagram in the Ken Delve West Midlands and Wales book.

Looking forward to getting my clammies on another Tiger Moth, though!

I ought to put in a request for G-BMPY out of Sleap, with her black and white stripe down the side, really, oughtn't I... :)

Dain Arns
January 7th, 2010, 14:12
Outstanding! :applause:
You've just restored my faith in humanity. :icon_lol:

Dain Arns
January 7th, 2010, 14:25
I love the 'office' too... :jump:

anthony31
January 7th, 2010, 14:34
Tiger Moths, Magisters and strangely for a single engine flight training school, Oxfords. Plus Harts, Hinds and a few other random types in the early days.

I have three pages including an overly small, but detailed, diagram in the Ken Delve West Midlands and Wales book.

Looking forward to getting my clammies on another Tiger Moth, though!

I ought to put in a request for G-BMPY out of Sleap, with her black and white stripe down the side, really, oughtn't I... :)

Yes, Do put in a request. I plan on doing three Aussie paints, one US and one UK. I know the three Aussie ones I'll be doing but no idea yet on the US and UK ones. If anyone has a favourite?

Rick_Piper
January 7th, 2010, 14:48
Superb job mate :salute:

Nice to see another FSDS user in the Ocean of GMAX/Max users :ernae:

if you need the xml codes for the "P" type compass to work correctly please give me a shout

not seen on work right in any payware yet :kilroy:

Regards
Rick

anthony31
January 7th, 2010, 14:57
Thanks Rick. I think I got the compass working right. One of the first things I did when I did the gauges (thanks Fr Bill for his help there, he managed to set me on the right track). Put the lever down to lock the dial, Up and you can spin it? Hope that's the right way around. Plus the front and rear ones are independent.

I may have to go to Gmax if I continue making aircraft in the future. FSDS seems to be putting a limit of a 1mm mesh resolution on the model which has meant that my knobs aren't as round as I would have liked them to be :( .

Flyboy208
January 7th, 2010, 15:05
Anthony, quite a fine rendering of this old gal. Keep up the good work! Mike :ernae:

Rick_Piper
January 7th, 2010, 15:07
Hi Anthony

Not noticed the 1mm limit on exterior model

I know there is a 2mm limit on VC models (I think it's 2mm)

Compass sounds correct (Just make sure it rotates the correct way)
not sure about the lever
I think down is unlocked as the lever is spring loaded against the underneath of the rotating bezel (I think)

slew and give full rudder
make sure compass appears to rotate the opposite way to the rudder

the default M$ Comet P type compass and many payware models it spins the same direction a twice the spin speed (animated backwards???)

make sure you set your FSDS preferences for snap to scale to 0.001 or you will get corrupted round parts on exterior

for some reason it defaults to 0.1

Hope you are using FSDSxTweak by Dave Nunez ?
then you can add all the FSX specific materials etc

Regards
Rick

warchild
January 7th, 2010, 15:43
the dark mystical art of flight dynamics :
::roflmao:; aww jeeez Anthony. you make me want to go out and dress up like Gandalf :;lol:;.. only with a slinkier sexier robe :;chuckles:;
Seriously though, if you need help with those "dark arts", let me know. i got at least one team member who would love watching me pull my hair out over it ;)
always
Pam

Naki
January 7th, 2010, 16:01
Yes, Do put in a request. I plan on doing three Aussie paints, one US and one UK. I know the three Aussie ones I'll be doing but no idea yet on the US and UK ones. If anyone has a favourite?

Is it possible to do a Kiwi one as well???

anthony31
January 7th, 2010, 16:08
Rick, you've got me worried about that compass now. The behaviour is much like the realair Spitfire so giving a bit of rudder she still points north. I did just fire up the Just Flight Tiger though and that is really weird. It seems like the compass points to your heading. ie if you head east the compass points to east on the bezel. I think it operates more like a modern Heading indicator rather than a compass. I am in contact with a real life Tiger Pilot so I have asked him about the compass operation.

Thanks Pam, JayKae did recommend you actually :) . It's still all gibberish to me and I'm very much at the stage where I change something and see what happens (or, more likely, wonder why nothing happens). Modelling and gauge coding is easy because you can see what you are doing and apply a bit of logic. With .air files I'm just guessing at the moment.

Pam, if you want to have a look at the next beta version and run your expert eye over it I'd be very grateful. Send me an email at atrix31 att hotmail dott com or PM me on the aussiex forums and I can give you the download link when I have the next version done (maybe monday).