PDA

View Full Version : New FSD Forum Debacle

IanHenry
January 7th, 2010, 08:29
I received a n e-mail newsletter from FSD inviting me to join the all new support forum. I have been a member of their forum for a good few years and it seems as though I have to re-apply.
This I did and was promptly rejected by Steve at FSD, the reason quoted being that I had not supplied a name! This I find strange because I filled in all the field required on the application form.
I subsequently re-applied only to receive no reply at all to that request.
Having previously bought most of FSD's products, and never having any problems with FSD's support I now feel a little disgruntled at suddenly being "locked out" of their support forum and having now no means of communicating directly with FSD I hope they will reply via the SOH forum to help me solve this problem.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

Tim_FSD
January 7th, 2010, 09:03
Ian,

I have reviewed all of the registrations for our new forum and do not see anything that has your full name on it, per the forum rules. However, I did find one with the Internet name you are using here. The registration instructions clearly state that you need to provide your name, and not just a login name. If you register again accordingly you will not have a problem.

As far as communicating with us it is pretty easy to do, even if you do not use the forum. Simply send in a support form from our Support page and you can access us directly.

What problem are you having?

IanHenry
January 7th, 2010, 09:53
Thanks for your reply Tim, I will have another attempt at registering.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

IanHenry
January 7th, 2010, 11:42
Thanks Tim,
I've now been accepted.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Regards,
Ian.

JimC1702
January 7th, 2010, 12:01
Ok, I'm confused. Where do you enter your full name? In the Login name box? I only see boxes for Login name and Displayed name, nothing for full name.

Jim

IanHenry
January 7th, 2010, 12:31
Jim,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
it seems that you have to enter your full name in the top box, this is what I found confusing.<o:p></o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian. <o:p></o:p>

JimC1702
January 7th, 2010, 12:39
Thanks Ian!

Jim