PDA

View Full Version : "Top Gun" in Blu-Ray.....

Navy Chief
January 6th, 2010, 16:20
It doesn't matter how many times I watch "Top Gun", I still love watching the opening scenes on the flight deck........

Today I received the Blu-Ray version of it from Netflix rental.

Sooooo glad I finally broke down and got a Blu-Ray player.......

Awesome.

Go NAVAIR.

NC

Emil Frand
January 6th, 2010, 16:49
I got Final Countdown from NF last week, my almost 5 year old watches it everyday. you shoud see him on cfs2 in a tomcat or A7 shooting down zeros!

Navy Chief
January 6th, 2010, 17:22
I got Final Countdown from NF last week, my almost 5 year old watches it everyday. you shoud see him on cfs2 in a tomcat or A7 shooting down zeros!

What fun!!!

NC

Gdavis101
January 6th, 2010, 17:44
I have been on the fence about buying a Blu-Ray player for sometime... I almost toppled off the fence after watching the new Star Trek on my newer DVD (it has that upconvert) player and couldn't help but think how much better it could be..

Hmmm.

Trans_23
January 6th, 2010, 19:55
The first movie I bought in Blu-Ray was Top Gun.

Mobayrasta
January 7th, 2010, 05:55
Blu-Ray players have dropped to where you can get one for under 100 bucks. I still think the Playstation 3 is the way to go. Blu-Ray awesome games, online browser. Works with my USB keyboard. Netflicks streams right thru it. Awesome way to spend $299. Have not regretted it yet!

Navy Chief
January 7th, 2010, 06:07
Blu-Ray players have dropped to where you can get one for under 100 bucks. I still think the Playstation 3 is the way to go. Blu-Ray awesome games, online browser. Works with my USB keyboard. Netflicks streams right thru it. Awesome way to spend $299. Have not regretted it yet!

Too many choices with electronic toys these days. It is MADDENING!!

NC

cheezyflier
January 7th, 2010, 06:19
it gets old, building a movie library, getting it to a respectable size, and then the media changes format.

Bjoern
January 7th, 2010, 13:26
It doesn't matter how many times I watch "Top Gun", I still love watching the opening scenes on the flight deck........

The intro and the credits are the best parts of the movie.

However, I don't need them in super HD. My old VHS copy recorded from TV when I was 10 or 11 totally does the trick. Bad audio, bad video...perfect for a (from a rational point of view) bad movie.

Willy
January 7th, 2010, 14:32
it gets old, building a movie library, getting it to a respectable size, and then the media changes format.

Yep, I just gave my son a bunch of my old VHS tapes as I don't have a working VCR anymore.