PDA

View Full Version : ‘The Hawk’ is finally flying to Cooperstown

Dain Arns
January 6th, 2010, 14:38
Andre Dawson, after 9 tries, gets elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame this year. :applause:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34727766/ns/sports-baseball/

Moses03
January 6th, 2010, 15:58
It's about time! Guys like Dawson and Bert Blyleven should not be strung along year after year. The baseball HOF voting process does not make much sense to me.

Moses

TARPSBird
January 6th, 2010, 19:03
I'm happy for Andre, he was a great ballplayer and deserves to be in the HOF. On the other hand, as a Cubs fan it still gripes my ass that third baseman Ron Santo has never been voted in. :mad: As time goes by he apparently is more likely to get in as a broadcaster than a player, which is really sad. His career stats stand up well against a lot of other HOF players.

whitehawk_2009
January 7th, 2010, 05:01
I'm with you TARPSBird, Santo should be in there. He has great number especially when you cnsider he played in a golden era for pitchers. Just think of all the HOF pitchers Santo faced in his career.

WH

brad kaste
January 7th, 2010, 06:29
Tarps/Whitehawk,
...I totally agree with both you guys about Ron Santo. As a kid I'd go with friends to Wrigley Field to watch him and Ernie Banks play. There wasn't much else to cheer for in a Cubs uniform.
I think one of the reasons why 'This Old Cub' has never made it to Cooperstown is because of his outspokeness. Santo always said what he meant,...and meant what he said on and off the field. And up in the broadcasting booth too. Yep,....I'd bet politics and political correctness has held him back from this deserving award.....

Duckie
January 7th, 2010, 08:36
It's a shame a player like Dawson had to wait so long to be recognized for HOF'er he is.

....I'd bet politics and political correctness has held him back from this deserving award.....

...can be applied to a many of the greats still waiting! Their willingness and courage to speak their minds is keeping them out!

Bravo Andre!

Duckie

Wittpilot
January 7th, 2010, 12:28
I heard ont the radio that a few of the people turned in blank sheets of paper... I think that is just absurd and should be removed from the group that votes on these things....