PDA

View Full Version : Display in Win-7?

Greystone
January 6th, 2010, 12:00
Haven't been around for awhile--sorry-- but it looks like I will be back on CFS2, since the dudes over on LOMAC are not my cuppa.

Anyway, is there a patch for those of us who upgraded to Win-7 64-bit recently and then tried to reinstall CFS2? I get some weird colors on the menu screen (pink?) and some of the keyboard commands (like weapons selection) seem to be inop.

Thx

Moparmike
January 6th, 2010, 14:24
That sounds like you've got a video driver conflict. I've had pink screen draws in the past with CFS2 after upgrading to the latest/greatest Nvidia drivers and have had to roll back to older drivers.
Now if you've upgraded to Win7, there likely aren't any old legacy drivers available so you might be in a catch-22.

I haven't gotten around to doing a proper (from the CD) install of CFS2 on my new Win7 rig, but I have fired up my old CFS2 install on it after copying the files manually. All is working well with no funky artifacts like you're experiencing.

In CFS2, which key-layout did you select? There are two different ones...CFS2 style and the old "standard" MSFS layout.

What vid card and driver are you running?