PDA

View Full Version : The Last of the Knick Knacks

jaycee
January 6th, 2010, 09:50
Hi Peoples. I had a bad ending to 2009, my 18 month old laptop packed in, And that is where i done all my CFS3 stuff, Now everything has gone, all my gmax stuff and cfs3 stuff. I may start again sometime but at the moment i am a bit disheartened, So here is the last of the Knick-Knacks. These will be uploaded soon. Wgr 21 rocket tubes for the Fw190 Plus standalone skin,for the Me109 plus standalone skin, (i know there are already some out there but the tubes are always empty, is there a reason for this?) Also for the fw190 A BT 700, plus standalone skin, And 8 panzershreck tubes plus rockets, and effects the effect has no rocket flames,as per the real thing,(very hard to aim) So thats that for now.

HouseHobbit
January 6th, 2010, 09:53
WOW!! Thank You for the beautiful aircraft..
We are all in your debt..

:salute::salute::salute:

ndicki
January 6th, 2010, 10:25
Those look nice!

Don't be disheartened - just take some time off, and you'll drift back, just like the rest of us have!

Led Zeppelin
January 6th, 2010, 11:06
exactly, have a rest and you may soon be back!

NachtPiloten
January 6th, 2010, 11:21
Jaycee,

I believe that I still have some of your stuff in mesh form; I'll look and send them to you.

TK

pete1
January 6th, 2010, 11:38
sorry to hear that Jimmy,you are a master and i hope you can get back on the horse soon.

lewis11777
January 6th, 2010, 11:42
Jimmy sorry to hear about you computer, and I hope you take a well deserved brake. Hopefully you will not leave us as so many of us enjoy the blessings of your talent.

ronnybengt
January 6th, 2010, 12:07
ya work allways inspires,,m8
:salute:

fred

jaycee
January 6th, 2010, 12:38
Well i must thank you all for your kind words and encouragement, the thing thats really getting to me is it was a £900 sony vio, 18 months old,you can buy a lesser known brand for £250 and have it working for years, As pete1 says Get back on the horse. I feel like shooting the B****y horse LOL. TK if you have the submarine,that would be cool i may start with this in gmax, but not for sometime, if at tall.

Pat Pattle
January 6th, 2010, 12:40
Jimmy - are you sure it's all gone? Sometimes even in the worse cases data can be recovered, what went wrong with the laptop?

And you know the cure for disheartenment mate.....Marmite!!! ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

jaycee
January 6th, 2010, 12:51
Jimmy - are you sure it's all gone? Sometimes even in the worse cases data can be recovered, what went wrong with the laptop?

And you know the cure for disheartenment mate.....Marmite!!! ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

It just will not boot, Black screen, MARMITE????? :eek:
I was thinking more:icon29: Thanks Pat that made me smile, LOL.

mongoose
January 6th, 2010, 14:44
Well there are little devices into which you can put your laptop HD and has a usb connection to read on a PC. I have copied one laptop drive on to another that way. ( you have to take the drive out of the laptop!)

Autothrottle
January 6th, 2010, 20:49
Jaycee, sorry to hear what happened. My heart goes out to you.

Reminds me of a rabbit in the hat trick my old HP Pc played on me two years ago, it had a hat but no rabbit.:bump:

You'll rebound in 2010 though, We all have faith in you and maybe a newer , better Pc for you to deal with.

HouseHobbit
January 6th, 2010, 20:58
I'll Pray that you shall be Blessed greatly..

For you Have Blessed many here with your efforts..

May all be Better soon..

:salute::salute::salute:

Emile
January 6th, 2010, 22:19
Hello,
Sorry about the PC. I know that some shops can dismount and copy an HD to an other HD.
Why noy give a try?

jaycee
January 6th, 2010, 23:39
Well there are little devices into which you can put your laptop HD and has a usb connection to read on a PC. I have copied one laptop drive on to another that way. ( you have to take the drive out of the laptop!)

Hi M. I have one of those, and tried it, but because of sony vio set up, it goes into some sort of recovery/rescue set up. i can copy some folders,but when i open them they are empty. its bringing a tear to my eye.

alain95
January 6th, 2010, 23:47
Hello Jaycee,

I can confirm you what Emile wrote, If you find a bootable computer with the same kind of HDD connection (IDE, Sata, Usb...) you can connect your unfortunate Disk in slave mode, i think there is 90% chances for you to copy back your files on the Master disk drive.

Go on with the good job !
CFS3 FFD - Alain95.
:salute:

flashgordon
January 7th, 2010, 06:58
If the drive itself is not physically damaged (usually a horrible clicking sound denotes this) and it is an operating system corruption you should be able to recover the data either by taking it out of the original computer, putting it in a usb caddy and attaching it by the cable to a working pc which should then see it as a removable disk. Another method is via a recovery CD. This boots into an operating system on the CD and allows you to transfer data from the on board hard drive to a portable hard drive connected to the usb port. This latter method probably more in realms of your local PC repair shop as your computer bios needs to be set to look for the OS on the CD as first boot. Good luck.

FOO FIGHTER
January 8th, 2010, 00:00
Sorry to hear about that Jimmy. I hope you get it sorted out soon. Thanks for everything you've done - you make the coolest weapons.

A BT 700?:jump::salute: