PDA

View Full Version : Reclaim your lost storage!

SirBenn21
January 6th, 2010, 00:50
Hi All

Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk.

Go HERE (http://indrajitc.wordpress.com/2008/03/25/reclaiming-disk-space-from-system-volume-information/) to get the instuctions on how to do this. I used it long ago with vista, but I just tried it now on Win7 and I reclaimed over 100GB on my 1 TB Drive!!! :jump:

Enjoy

Ben

Quixoticish
January 6th, 2010, 02:00
Can't you just use the control panel to clear out your system restore points, then set the maximum size to use to 1% (the lowest available)?

SirBenn21
January 6th, 2010, 02:13
Can't you just use the control panel to clear out your system restore points, then set the maximum size to use to 1% (the lowest available)?

Would those settings be in the "Recovery"?

Thanks

Ben

Quixoticish
January 6th, 2010, 02:31
In Win7 it's control panel\system\system protection. Then hit "configure", you can then delete all system restore points to free up the space, and set the slider to the minimum amount of space to use as possible. You can also disable system protection entirely if you don't want to deal with the hassle of clearing out system restore points again in the future.

SirBenn21
January 6th, 2010, 03:20
In Win7 it's control panel\system\system protection. Then hit "configure", you can then delete all system restore points to free up the space, and set the slider to the minimum amount of space to use as possible. You can also disable system protection entirely if you don't want to deal with the hassle of clearing out system restore points again in the future.

Okay thanks. Must admit though that it is limited to only control %.

Thanks

Ben