PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Catalina Video Review

Nick C
January 5th, 2010, 14:09
Hello fellow SoH'ers. If you have a spare couple of mins, a cup hot char and perhaps a dunking biscuit (I don't agree with this practice myself), please click the image below and watch Mark Hurst's informative video review of the Aerosoft PBY Catalina.

Thanks muchly. :wavey:

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/images/reviews/catalina_review/catalina_banner.jpg (http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/catalina_review.htm)

stiz
January 5th, 2010, 14:25
nice review :applause:

guzler
January 5th, 2010, 14:35
Very good.

For the last few years, my purchases for FSX have been limited due to the processor. Now with a new rig coming, I see Rex, FTX and a Catalina on the list was wants !!!

Ian Warren
January 5th, 2010, 16:35
This Cat is absolutely brilliant , i recommended it to many and thank god to the many lakes here in New Zealands southern area , "a cup hot char and perhaps a dunking biscuit" , no i don't think so , one nice cold beer , sat back and enjoyed the ride , 'Mark' Superb narration and Nick your screens , i think i might grab another cold one and go for a fly :applause:

dharris
January 5th, 2010, 16:58
Now, you do know that to fly a Cat in the Navy, you had to have at leasts two beers on hand to handle the long slow descent!!!

VFR Reviews
January 5th, 2010, 18:15
Cheers Nick, very nicely done indeed. It's nice being able to actually hear the sounds and whatnot! Text reviews are certainly not adequate for this lovely bird.

ryanbatc
January 5th, 2010, 19:55
Wow nice video, very crisp for You Tube.

I assume the stutters in the VC are from FRAPS? I've heard good things regarding FPS in this acft.

crashaz
January 5th, 2010, 20:00
Hey I really liked the video! Very descriptive on procedures... always great to watch.

Paul K
January 5th, 2010, 22:21
Excellent video review. He'd be good on 'Just A Minute'...no hesitation, no repetition. ( You have to be a Brit ... )

What he says about the manual is quite valid, but with the help available at the Aerosoft support forums, its not difficult to learn this relatively straight-forward aircraft. I recommend it highly. You can keep your Raptors, Hornets and Eagles.

MarkH
January 5th, 2010, 23:03
I assume the stutters in the VC are from FRAPS? I've heard good things regarding FPS in this acft.The cockpit footage on the ground at Longreach stutters because of FS Recorder. Also Aeropelican puts a big strain on fps. And FRAPS undoubtedly contributes across the board!

Cleartheprop
January 5th, 2010, 23:42
Very nice video review indeed !Thanks ! :ernae:

Nick C
January 6th, 2010, 01:21
Hey I really liked the video! Very descriptive on procedures... always great to watch.

This is why I like Marks videos, they are educational.

Nick C
January 6th, 2010, 01:24
In my original post, the H E L L part of H E L L O has been edited out. Is the forum moderation software getting a little silly?

Edit: Thanks mods for correcting this.

SirBenn21
January 6th, 2010, 01:52
Nice, very nice.

So when is the next one? :173go1:

Ben

jimjones
January 6th, 2010, 02:21
Informative review. Nice video. Time to pull out the Cat again. One of my favorites.

Nick C
January 6th, 2010, 02:34
So when is the next one?

I'll leave that for Mark to decide. :engel016:

harleyman
January 6th, 2010, 02:41
In my original post, the H E L L part of H E L L O has been edited out. Is the forum moderation software getting a little silly?

Edit: Thanks mods for correcting this.

YUP...It be done now....LOL

We all had a laugh at it though....Thanks Nick C for pointing it out...

Now I've seen the Cat video..Its brilliant...Great looking aircraft too...I love this plane..Always had a thing for the amphibs...

bushpilot
January 6th, 2010, 02:50

hehe, the less explicit phrasing would probably be "hecko":173go1:

And beautiful review:applause:

Nick C
January 6th, 2010, 02:51
Just be happy I didn't start a news story on a recent flooding disaster in a town near here.

Check out the town's name:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8369699.stm

harleyman
January 6th, 2010, 03:15
Lets see. Cumbria..................

Take that software :ernae:

Nick C
January 6th, 2010, 03:34
That's just the county, read further if you really want to test the software.

Are we getting off topic? :engel016: