PDA

View Full Version : I found my niche...

Boomer
January 5th, 2010, 08:42
http://www.halcyon.com/donace/PIRATE05AM.JPG

Yes Pirate :salute:
I started out as a trader & while interesting I found it somewhat slow. Of course the fact that I wasnt making much money on each trip was probably part of the problem.
Next I tried Argon Military. I liked this a little more largely becasue of my skill at ACM. All those years playing AirWarrior, Warbirds & Aces High paid off :icon_lol: but I didnt care for the regemented scenario. Sure I could elect to not follow the orders but being a blood & guts ex-military guy myself I knew I would never do that.

Lastly I tried Broke Assasin mostly as a lark. You start out with a decent ship that has good weapons & most upgrades (scanners, goggles etc) & ZERO credits. But insofar as rules... What rules! LOL

I guess maybe it is because of a life of having my nose to the grindstone & doing the right thing that the notion of role playing a character that avoids all that I find appealing.

My 1st night I pirated 3 ships, defended a station from Pirates & made a hit. On 2 occasions the Argon Police crashed the party & that made for an interesting encounter.
Long story short I prevailed against the police on the 1st encounter. I was near a space station & dodged & weaved through the pilings as I fired. It was a protracted battle but I eventually prevailed because the police kept hitting the station.
It was a GREAT night!
I dont know about my long time survivability as on the 2nd encounter with the police I got 2 of them & then with nothing to hide behind/around had to make a run for the gate & was pretty banged up.
My noteriaty is pretty high (in a bad way) so most stations wont have anything to do with me so I am not exactly sure how I am going to repair my ship. I also have to steer well clear of the police so they dont come after me.
The whole cat & mouse is deliciously fun :icon_lol:

GT182
January 5th, 2010, 11:14
Congrats Bob on being "Wanted.... Dead or Alive". :applause: :bump:

You are now a comfirmed X3 Addict. ;)

Craig Taylor
January 5th, 2010, 11:28
so I am not exactly sure how I am going to repair my ship.

Aarrgh...d'ye know ye can just heave over the side and fix it yourself with yer trusty repair laser? :d

Boomer
January 5th, 2010, 11:58
Aarrgh...d'ye know ye can just heave over the side and fix it yourself with yer trusty repair laser? :d

You can do that??

Where do I get one of them???:d

Marlin
January 5th, 2010, 16:31
You can do that??

Where do I get one of them???:d

Look at the screenshots I posted yesterday and you will get the picture. Get it; get the picture:icon_lol: (In the best screenshot part above)

Look for the pirate bases, they will work with you. Most likely combat missions and trade missions. I'm just guessing, but if you blow up enough cops you might even be able to be friendly with the Xenon :monkies:

Just wait until you have a billion dollars sitting around, ...

gigabyte
January 5th, 2010, 17:01
Boomer, you can try the Parinid they are king of like the Blacksheep of the respectible races, if have not blasted any of their ships yet you may get to dock at their stations for repairs. The other thing to do as Marlin mentioned is to park somewhere quiet - which may not be easy for you... eject from your ship and fire at it with the Repair Laser built into your space suit, it is a slow process so be sure you are well out of the way, but it is free and you can DIY.

GT182
January 5th, 2010, 17:28
Mike, will the areas needing repair show up, or just is it a plain 'point at the ship anywhere and it'll be fixed sort of thing'?

Marlin
January 5th, 2010, 18:33
Just shoot it and all will be repaired. If you target your ship while floating in space and while shooting it, you will see the 'armor' bar going up.

You'll save tons of money too!

Lionheart
January 5th, 2010, 20:48
Ok, here's how you eject. Shift-E, then 'yes'. Bing, you are outside.

Now, lets see if you can figure out how to get back into the ship. :d

Sounds like you are having a real blast at this. It is great fun. So much you can be doing, its crazy. Its sort of like CFS and FS combined...

Also, you can get 'parts' from other ships if they are floating in space, you hit them with your ship (if its not full) and the parts go into your onboard storage nook or in a cargo bay. So if you find missles and parts in a debris field after a dogfight, you can gather up the goods onto your ship.

A fighter can carry more things if you expand the cargo bay at a trading dock. Its expensive though, (dimensional spatial compression is what the game calls it).

Have fun. :d

Bill