PDA

View Full Version : Which AI Traffic program works best with DX10 please?

smithcorp
January 5th, 2010, 03:42
Thanks in advance for suggestions...

smith

harleyman
January 5th, 2010, 03:51
I know that My Traffic is now DX10 capiable...

there are othere too.

I don't use DX10, as I do not install Acceleration or SP2 that allows it..but others will give you more info..

IanHenry
January 5th, 2010, 05:10
Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Justflights TrafficX works very well with DX10 and is good on frame rates:<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=346
I also use their Military TrafficX PlusPak whish adds a lot more traffic to air force bases:
http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=460
One word of warning, if you decide to get any of the PlusPak's make sure that you get the "X" version because the original ones defiantly will not work in DX10 mode.
Regards,
Ian.

IanP
January 5th, 2010, 08:37
MyTraffic is partially DX10 compatible. Not all of the models are, so you can select a mode that turns off the ones that won't work. It does, however, give vastly more aircraft in the skies than the other two at the best of times, so you probably won't miss many. ;)

TrafficX and Ultimate Traffic 2 are both advertised as being 100% DX10 compatible. I have TrafficX (although it's not installed right now) and that certainly worked fine when I tried it.

Dangerous Beans
January 5th, 2010, 09:46
MyTraffic is partially DX10 compatible. Not all of the models are, so you can select a mode that turns off the ones that won't work. It does, however, give vastly more aircraft in the skies than the other two at the best of times, so you probably won't miss many. ;)

Ian, you must be thinking of Ver.5.2, the latest release 2010 is fully DX10 compatible.

IanP
January 5th, 2010, 11:30
I'm thinking of the last press release I saw, which still included a DX10 mode option that disabled the non-DX10 aircraft.

Of course there's nothing stopping that being left in accidentally from previous versions of the release. ;)

I had 5.2b. That was the last version I used and only the most common airliners, none of the military traffic, none of the turboprops and none of the less common airliners were converted then. That wasn't why I stopped using it, which was because I wanted vaguely accurate traffic and while MTX really does fill the skies, it's not even close to accurate.

TrafficX is closer, but a number of years out of date. Airlines long since vanished from the skies are plentiful. I've not tried Ultimate Traffic 2 yet, but am strongly considering getting it as from screenshots, it looks by far the most up-to-date flight plans and airline list.

Bjoern
January 5th, 2010, 12:27
World Of AI, despite using only FS9 models is surprisingly compatible as well. When I've tested DX10 mode for funsies I've found most of the models retained their textures instead of going plain white.

P.S: DX10 was huge letdown nonetheless due to its limitation to 2*AA.

guzler
January 5th, 2010, 12:37
I'm thinking of the last press release I saw, which still included a DX10 mode option that disabled the non-DX10 aircraft.

Of course there's nothing stopping that being left in accidentally from previous versions of the release. ;)

I had 5.2b. That was the last version I used and only the most common airliners, none of the military traffic, none of the turboprops and none of the less common airliners were converted then. That wasn't why I stopped using it, which was because I wanted vaguely accurate traffic and while MTX really does fill the skies, it's not even close to accurate.

TrafficX is closer, but a number of years out of date. Airlines long since vanished from the skies are plentiful. I've not tried Ultimate Traffic 2 yet, but am strongly considering getting it as from screenshots, it looks by far the most up-to-date flight plans and airline list.

I prefer UT2 for the eye candy, the only thing that compares to it for great models / textures is WOAI, but I changed to UT2 because it uses FSX models. Not running in DX 10 though as I am on XP here. You won't be dissapointed. The only downside is the fact that the traffic is generated differently, so every time you enter the FSX menue to change weather, time or anything, it resets the traffic which takes a few seconds to spawn which is a PITA. If you can live with that, go for it.