PDA

View Full Version : A few trial runs

falcon409
January 4th, 2010, 22:12
Mike asked if I would make some last minute hops. . .kind of a mini_beta test. . .on the Extreme Bush. Mainly I just needed to verify that the wings were attached, the tires were where they were supposed to be and so on. I can't wait for this baby to hit the air for real. Probably not a whole lot longer. I did find a few minor things and I've passed those on to Mike.
"Plastic at the ready?"

tigisfat
January 4th, 2010, 22:56
Looks great!!

Price depending, this should be a guaranteed sale for me. This is a simple aircraft, it shouldn't be too expensive. Has pricing been set yet?

mike_cyul
January 4th, 2010, 23:51
Looks great!!

Price depending, this should be a guaranteed sale for me. This is a simple aircraft, it shouldn't be too expensive. Has pricing been set yet?

Thanks!

Out of curiosity, a simple aircraft in what sense? This is one of the most complex (and precise) mesh models I've ever made, due to the exposed structure and level of detail. Making brake-stands, water skimming, better float dynamics and other special effects took perhaps 100 hours if not much more. Making 18 different versions, including three different supension systems, four flap types, amphibious floats, standard floats, skis, wheel skis, a good looking passenger in the 95hp version ( :) ), three different wing types, and I think it's 6 different instrument panels (can't remember right now, it's late), and more, has taken hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours. What's "shouldn't be too expensive" to you, if I may ask?

Mike

chet twowolves
January 5th, 2010, 02:40
Hello friends.You know i think we need to step back and let mike do his thing.My self i see an outstanding super cub.! With a lot of hours put into each model.As for the price, it is well worth any price.These are no simple cubs.Chet Two Wolves.:icon_lol:

tigisfat
January 5th, 2010, 08:33
....Out of curiosity, a simple aircraft in what sense? This is one of the most complex (and precise) mesh models I've ever made....It's a super cub. It looks good, I want it and don't want to undermine your efforts, but noone can tell me that producing it demands the same investment as say the captainsim C-130. I didn't say anything negative, I just want to shop wisely.

:medals:

....What's "shouldn't be too expensive" to you, if I may ask?....In the interest of keeping the peace and continuing this thread, I'm going to drop the subject. I will be more than willing to continue conversation this via PM, if you're interested. I promise I'll keep my manners.

...As for the price, it is well worth any price........:pop4:

That was positively shameless. Give me a break. Not only were you selling me down the river to kiss butt, but I'm not a jerk for assuming that a super cub would be cheaper than a 747 with similar detail and attention. If the most complex aircraft EVER in MSFS history were to be released next month, it still wouldn't be worth any price.

:isadizzy:

You know i think we need to step back and let mike do his thing.And that's what I'll do; I look forward to learning more about this exciting product.

:ernae:

DB93
January 5th, 2010, 08:51
My only problem with the Flight Replicas Super Cub is that I get to keep seeing screenshots of it and not getting to fly it myself. :icon_lol: I've been looking forward to this one (and have been for a few months now.) I just have to keep reminding myself to tuck away some of that Christmas and birthday money so I can grab it when it goes up for sale, as I've been going a little spend-crazy between a TrackIR, Saitek Switch Panel, Lionheart's Viking package, and the Aerosoft Beaver X. Must stop buying... need to keep cash available for the FR Super Cub... Must Stop Buying... Must Save Cash... must... uhhh, when's that Super Cub going to be available?? ;) (j/k, it's done when it's done, I can be patient, I just gotta stop spending when I've still got enough left for that little beauty! lol.)

Great screenshots, Falcon! Color me jealous! :)

-George

falcon409
January 5th, 2010, 08:52
. . . . .That was positively shameless. Give me a break. Not only were you selling me down the river to kiss butt, but I'm not a jerk for assuming that a super cub would be cheaper than a 747 with similar detail and attention. If the most complex aircraft EVER in MSFS history were to be released next month, it still wouldn't be worth any price.
Tig, do you spend a lot of time working on being this rude or is it just a natural ability?
I have read your posts, and bit my tongue with some of your responses in the past, but I can tell you, we are not going to get into a negativity campaign over this release. Nor are we going to go after other members for posting what you perceived to be responses that put you in a bad light.

His post was in no way a shot at you or how you see the complexity or possible cost of this aircraft. He was simply stating a very normal response and no one would normally take that to the extent you did. I'm sure that if the airplane was offered at $100. he wouldn't hold himself to the "it's worth it at any price" response. It was just an observation. Get past it and stay on track. Nuff said.:salute:

tigisfat
January 5th, 2010, 09:05
Can we get a link to the official website? I don't even know who this is by.

falcon409
January 5th, 2010, 09:08
Can we get a link to the official website? I don't even know who this is by.
In Mikes post above, click on the "Flight-Replicas" link!!:salute:

stiz
January 5th, 2010, 09:09
made by Mike http://www.flight-replicas.com/

just outa curiosity Mike, do you still use fsds?? :)

mike_cyul
January 5th, 2010, 09:23
made by Mike http://www.flight-replicas.com/

just outa curiosity Mike, do you still use fsds?? :)

Nope, using gmax for a while now. Find it easier to use. :)

Mike

Dag
January 5th, 2010, 09:37
Hi,

This is a definate buy for sure, would be a great companion to the Norwegian Birddogs I'm painting.

Thanks

tigisfat
January 5th, 2010, 11:11
Making brake-stands, water skimming, better float dynamics and other special effects took perhaps 100 hours if not much more.

We're going to be able to skim on water?

rsharrard
January 5th, 2010, 14:23
I'm a new comer to this board... Been wanting a Cub Crafters model for a while. Been flying FSaddon's since it came out (with a few performance adjustments) Your dash enhancements and promises of those special performance abilities are enough for me. Take your time, if ya rush and someone finds things to pick at, ya now human nature... the update pictures will keep me going. Looking good..Can't wait! Robin:salute:

PRB
January 5th, 2010, 14:43
I'm looking forward to flying Fliger's plane! I'll try not to get it (too) dirty! This plane looks like a great addition. Right next to the Birddog!