PDA

View Full Version : wee bitty problem

tonybones2112
January 4th, 2010, 15:01
my gunsight is off. my shots are going below the center of the ring on all aircraft. any way to adjust this?

thanks

bones

Jagdflieger
January 4th, 2010, 16:42
If the zero problem is in the 2d cockpit, your solution is to make adjustments in the Panel > Panel.cfg file.

To change it in the panel.cfg file, look in it and find the following:

[VIEWS]
view_forward_WINDOWS=%window_title_00%
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=1.6, 0.0, 0.0

Change value of first number after VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=, lower equals lower position, higher equals higher position.

X, Y, Z Axes. When adjusting the VC view in the Aircraft.cfg file, the figures are reversed.

1. Elevation
2. Deflection
3. Fore and aft

The 1.6 is the figure you want to play with. Increase it (1.7 or 1.8 ....) will raise your stream of bullets. Lower it and the stream goes down.

tonybones2112
January 5th, 2010, 01:28
If the zero problem is in the 2d cockpit, your solution is to make adjustments in the Panel > Panel.cfg file.

To change it in the panel.cfg file, look in it and find the following:

[VIEWS]
view_forward_WINDOWS=%window_title_00%
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=1.6, 0.0, 0.0

Change value of first number after VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=, lower equals lower position, higher equals higher position.

X, Y, Z Axes. When adjusting the VC view in the Aircraft.cfg file, the figures are reversed.

1. Elevation
2. Deflection
3. Fore and aft

The 1.6 is the figure you want to play with. Increase it (1.7 or 1.8 ....) will raise your stream of bullets. Lower it and the stream goes down.

Jagd, thank you. I was sort of sweating that one.I instinctively aim for the center and discovering this problem explains why I am a better shot with Schrage Musik. I'll get on that right now. I only use VC in my Zeros, I really like de Lullo's VC.

Bones