PDA

View Full Version : Urgent please note!

Henry
September 29th, 2008, 09:18
Ickie and the service company have found our slow down and crash problem at Korean Skies.

The ETO expansion

1.17 GB's

Over 400 gigs alone have been used by this file this month so we had to limit the bandwidth for Korean Skies. The file really needs to be removed and made available on a DVD.

Our logs show as many as 20 people downloading this file at a time and it was sucking us dry. Unfortunately this had a snowball effect and caused the threads and posts tables to become corrupt and backups and repairs just kept cycling until the database and site crashed.

This means all our backups are corrupt and useless, bottom line is there is a 90% chance the two tables can not be restored.

The massive file will be left on the server for two weeks then deleted, this gives the CFS3 people time to setup an DVD exchange program....

sorry to be the bearer of bad news
but thats the way it is
H

greycap.raf
September 29th, 2008, 09:35
Any possibilities to put up a torrent like with MAW? I'll definitely be in if it happens.

writer301
September 29th, 2008, 09:48
Ickie and the service company have found our slow down and crash problem at Korean Skies.

The ETO expansion

1.17 GB's

Over 400 gigs alone have been used by this file this month so we had to limit the bandwidth for Korean Skies. The file really needs to be removed and made available on a DVD.

Our logs show as many as 20 people downloading this file at a time and it was sucking us dry. Unfortunately this had a snowball effect and caused the threads and posts tables to become corrupt and backups and repairs just kept cycling until the database and site crashed.

This means all our backups are corrupt and useless, bottom line is there is a 90% chance the two tables can not be restored.

The massive file will be left on the server for two weeks then deleted, this gives the CFS3 people time to setup an DVD exchange program....

sorry to be the bearer of bad news
but thats the way it is
H

Bittersweet on this one Henry ...

It is good you found the root of the problem; bad that ETO will longer be available via download.

I am sure a CD swap program can be arranged, for those that need it. on that note, the good news is that many of the dedicated CFS3 simmers had already downloded ETO.

Let us know how else we can help you and SOH. I am sure the community will be behind whatever needs to be done ...

rbp71854
September 29th, 2008, 10:04
Henry

No need to apologize. Glad you found the root cause of the SOH slowdown. I am sure that we will be able to set up a DVD swap program. Anything we can do to help out just let us know.

blacksheep-ghost03
September 29th, 2008, 10:21
thnx for the update henry and the hard work you guys do keeping soh running. Im in for the dvd swap . Have one ready for anyone that needs it .....just pm me.

Togo
September 29th, 2008, 10:23
I feel awful that I may have contributed to the problems that SOH are having.
As soon as possible I will burn a few DVDs with ETO Expansion for anyone who needs one.

ronnybengt
September 29th, 2008, 10:29
tnx henry...for finding out theslow down...We ll sort it out via the DVD svap/posting/etc /way....

btw can u see how many dl s there have been so far?????????

R

Henry
September 29th, 2008, 10:40
tnx henry...for finding out theslow down...We ll sort it out via the DVD svap/posting/etc /way....

btw can u see how many dl s there have been so far?????????

R
i do not have the exact figures
but it has used up 400gb of bandwidth in a week
so 300 and somit
appreciate you guys an gals
H

O-1Driver
September 29th, 2008, 10:44
i do not have the exact figures
but it has used up 400gb of bandwidth in a week
so 300 and somit
appreciate you guys an gals
H

Henry,

We apologize for creating this problem. You can remove the ETO files from Korean Skies as soon as you need to, less than two weeks if necessary. We will start up a DVD swap program right away and look for an alternate server just for ETO to handle the downloads. We have future releases planned and will need it.

Best Regards,

Steve

middle
September 29th, 2008, 10:47
The blame is mine and mine alone. I did the posting of all links and info, mid

Henry
September 29th, 2008, 11:00
The blame is mine and mine alone. I did the posting of all links and info, mid
I think we should shoot you :costumes::costumes::costumes:
LOL
there is no blame
0-1 driver you could contact Ickie or CK
and chat with them they thought 2 weeks was fair
if you do not need 2 weeks
let them know or let me know an i will forward
H

O-1Driver
September 29th, 2008, 11:17
I think we should shoot you :costumes::costumes::costumes:
LOL
there is no blame
0-1 driver you could contact Ickie or CK
and chat with them they thought 2 weeks was fair
if you do not need 2 weeks
let them know or let me know an i will forward
H

Thanks Henry you guys are great partners and we appreciate all of you. Let's go ahead and pull the plug on the file as it could potentially cause additional problems for you. Bob has already started a DVD thread and we will distribute via that method until we get established on a new server.

Steve

R ramjet
September 29th, 2008, 11:58
set up a torrent:kilroy:

Ickie
September 29th, 2008, 15:28
I think we should shoot you
I thought of that too, but I don't know where he lives, :redf:

Henry
September 29th, 2008, 16:47
I thought of that too, but I don't know where he lives, :redf:
i know where he lives but i got no gun:costumes:
i got a toothbrush
LOL
H

miamieagle
September 29th, 2008, 17:58
I will buy you the Gun! No charge!LoL:costumes:

Talon
September 29th, 2008, 18:21
I have his address,telephone# and a gun but he's my buddy so I won't shoot him.Henry I don't need to shoot,He's shot already.:costumes:.

Talon

bzhyoyo
September 29th, 2008, 22:15
set up a torrent:kilroy:

What he said !

Henry
September 30th, 2008, 11:03
see #24 post in this thread
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=2737&posted=1#post2737
he has offered
and they are a great team
H

middle
September 30th, 2008, 11:27
I will pass #24 on. Thanks, Henry.

Miami Eagle, I have guns too.

nio
October 3rd, 2008, 08:11
Miami Eagle, I have guns too.

Fair but firm, Mid.Ideal for a moderator!!:costumes:

best

nio

:wavey:

middle
October 3rd, 2008, 08:25
Hee Hee..hiya, Nio...how's things with the missus?