PDA

View Full Version : New Case Arrived

Bruce Thompson
November 1st, 2008, 11:12
Just finished putting my gear into a new Antec 1200 case.

The Antec 900 I was using is now my backup system, the new one is for FSX and Photography only. My system is now running 6deg cooler in the 1200 with enough room for a lot of expansion and future upgrades.
It's quiet and cool and the best I've seen for £108.

Dangerous Beans
November 1st, 2008, 11:35
Looks very nice Bruce.
I've had there 900 gamer case for a while now and have been very happy with it although it douse suck the dust bunnies in quit a bit.

txnetcop
November 1st, 2008, 11:39
Yes sir, very nice indeed:applause::ernae:
Ted

Lionheart
November 1st, 2008, 11:43
Goodness man! Thats a refrigerator from a crashed/captured UFO! Thats a plasma injector sub-console servor center from a mark 3 Federation Starship anti-matter warp drive! Thats a prototype 'Collossus' main frame! It looks more like a movie prop from the main command deck of the Nostrommo from the movie Alien!

Have fun with that one. Thanks for sharing the photos and info Bruce. Gives us thoughts and dreams of high goals in our computer rigs. :d

Bill

Panther_99FS
November 1st, 2008, 11:46
Nice setup you have there Bruce :mixedsmi:

kilo delta
November 1st, 2008, 11:50
Nice setup, Bruce....wish mine was as neat!:costumes::ernae:

lifejogger
November 1st, 2008, 11:58
Holy cow what a set up. I am so envious of that setup. Very nice.

limjack
November 1st, 2008, 11:59
Yes sir Bruce, nice all the way around! I really like the night shot and all the lighted equipment....looks like mission control.

Jim

harleyman
November 1st, 2008, 14:16
:applause::applause:

Can I come over to play? Very nice.......:ernae::wavey:

BananaBob
November 1st, 2008, 14:32
I'm a fan of those fans, nice!:ernae:

icarus
November 1st, 2008, 14:35
at night seems close encounter of the third FSX

jmig
November 1st, 2008, 16:38
Nice setup Bruce. However, I find it disgusting neat! :costumes:

Just kidding!

GT182
November 1st, 2008, 16:54
Nice setup, Bruce....wish mine was as neat!:costumes::ernae:

Ditto on wishing mine was as neat.

Very nice setup Bruce. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif Don't ya love the room a big case has. No busted knuckles installing everything. And... it make a great nightlight too. :costumes:

hey_moe
November 1st, 2008, 17:34
Give da man a cigar...looks sweet:applause:

Bruce Thompson
November 2nd, 2008, 09:04
Thanks Guy's , you can come round and play anytime Harleyman.
It has to be neat, because this is a Mobile Home so space is at a premium.

Cactuskid
November 2nd, 2008, 09:21
Wow, that 1200 is a monster! I've been thinking about doing the same thing as my 900 is pretty crowded, and even with 5 fans I think the airflow could be better. I'm hesitant to overclock my CPU any more than I have for that reason. Maybe a larger tower will be my Christmas present to myself... :d

Bruce Thompson
November 2nd, 2008, 10:22
Hi Cactuskid,
I am very pleased with the 1200 case, the holes provided for wire tidying work great, it allows you to keep the case interior neat which improves the airflow even more.

The CPU Cooler I used is the Noctua one, I fitted an extra Noctua fan to the back of it. I also replaced the two rear fans with Noctua ones because I like them, very quiet. I painted the fans because the basic colour of Noctua's is awful.

The front fans I left in place and these have built in speed controls, these are set to min and work very well, they have built in filters another plus.

My CPU temps at idle are core 1 31deg core 2 28deg, full load high 30's to mid 40's.

It's not as flash as some of the alloy top end cases, but cools better than some in a recent computer mag test.

Cactuskid
November 2nd, 2008, 15:36
Hi Cactuskid,
I am very pleased with the 1200 case, the holes provided for wire tidying work great, it allows you to keep the case interior neat which improves the airflow even more.

The CPU Cooler I used is the Noctua one, I fitted an extra Noctua fan to the back of it. I also replaced the two rear fans with Noctua ones because I like them, very quiet. I painted the fans because the basic colour of Noctua's is awful.

The front fans I left in place and these have built in speed controls, these are set to min and work very well, they have built in filters another plus.

My CPU temps at idle are core 1 31deg core 2 28deg, full load high 30's to mid 40's.

It's not as flash as some of the alloy top end cases, but cools better than some in a recent computer mag test.

Hey Bruce... You're right mate. I'd rather have something that runs cool and quiet rather than something that looks like it came out of Star Wars. My quad runs average 35C at idle and 56C under load, which is not too bad, but I am concerned about the GPU which runs 60C at idle. The boat anchor PSU I'm using is no help either as it's not modular and I have a lot of extra cable and connectors stuffed into the case and it looks messy. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a 1200 as I really like Antec's quality and the case looks great without being gaudy. I really like your set-up. Good show! :applause: