PDA

View Full Version : Steam Sale, only a few hours left

FengZ
January 3rd, 2010, 19:51
Just a quick reminder that the Steam holiday sale is about to end. You can find some really good games for 50-75% off their retail price!

I bought about a dozen really good games over the holidays...for only about $250 total. I don't have the time to play all of these, but for the price, i rather collect them for now.

Here are some i bought which you guys might like:

RACING:

Dirt 2 - really good rally game. Great graphics and car physics

ToCa Race Driver 3 - current one i'm playing. It's older, but still good

Need for Speed Shift - Great graphics and addictive gameplay

Action:

Team Fortress 2 - Man, i've been missing out. What a fun FPS game!

Killing Floor - Similar to Left4Dead, but only cost $4.00! Great co-op FPS

Knights of the Old Republic - i never played this game, but for $5.00, i should...and it's Star Wars!

HAWX - Pretty dumb game, but awesome airplane/terrain graphics

Dragon Age Origins - Just bought it, but haven't played it. It got great reviews tho

Real Time Strategy:

Warhammer Dawn of War II - Cool game; squad based. Nice graphics and effects plus super addictive gameplay.

World in Conflict - Another great RTS with modern real-world vehicles

Company of Heroes - WWII RTS...great game!

Turn Based:

Medieval II - Only $5.00! I never played these "total war" games, but they are pretty fun. EPIC battles with thousands of troops. All historically accurate as well (according to the box...lol).

Empire Total War - Same series, but takes place in the Americas (civil war times). This is the newest of the series, so the graphics are really nice.

Rome Total War - Only $2.00! Same as above, but in Roman times. Oldest of the series, but it'll run well on just about any PC.

-feng

PS. I have a few guest passes for Team Fortress 2 and Killing Floor. (it lets you play the game for free for a few days). If have a Steam account, let me know and i can send it over.

Lionheart
January 3rd, 2010, 20:34
Thanks Feng,

I had thought it was over. I was thinking of this just earlier today.

Bill

crashaz
January 3rd, 2010, 20:40
Empire Total War rocks!!:jump:

Prowler1111
January 3rd, 2010, 20:46
I just bit the bullet and bought the ubisoft pack
and i feel RIPPED OFF!!

I canīt install CRAP, i go and hit the install button and this message says i dont have enough disk space, in a disk i have 500Gigs!!!

canīt find an email address where to rant, i want my money back....and they can keep their games...

Prowler

FengZ
January 3rd, 2010, 23:26
Prowler: is your harddrive formatted to FAT32? Because some games these days contain very big files. Anything over 4gigs shows up as "not enough disk space" on FAT32 drives. You need to convert your drive to NTFS, then you'll have no limit.

This has nothing to do w/ STEAM or the games...

-feng

Craig Taylor
January 4th, 2010, 11:32
Prowler, do you have multiple drives? In my experience, Steam is kind've "dumb" in that it doesn't let you pick what drive to install on. It appears to try to install on the drive where it's installed, with no option for picking an alternate location. I had to make sure it was installed on my second HD, rather than the default, so that it wouldn't run out of space when I added games.

I originally installed Steam for Empire Total War (you're right, Crashaz, it DOES rock!), with some hesitation. Since then it has done a pretty good job of keeping up with released patches automatically, and more or less behaves itself on my OS.

I picked up the Civilization IV Complete package yesterday for $26 - that's 4 games in one. It was on my Christmas list a year ago, but Santa was on a budget.

I've been a fan of the Total War series since the first Medieval w/ the Viking Invasion expansion. I wish they'd re-release that one. It stopped working when I upgraded to a better vid card. The newer nVidia drivers weren't backwards-compatible to the older graphics, I guess.

Ferry_vO
January 4th, 2010, 12:02
Dirt 2 - really good rally game. Great graphics and car physics

Got that one from a store last week; great game! :applause:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=29096

:d

djscoo
January 4th, 2010, 13:07
I've gotten several games off Steam, but Arma 2 is by far my favorite. They just put out a free patch which includes the Apache Longbow :jump:.

Bjoern
January 4th, 2010, 13:50
I recommend KotoR and WiC for excellent stories.

And E:TW is nearly global, not just the Americas.

Lionheart
January 4th, 2010, 22:17
DJSCOO,

I decided to go for the ARMA-2 Demo... Thanks for the heads up. Stiz went on about it as well as Feng if I remember correctly. Must be a good game.

If the demo is good, I am getting it.

(sweaty palms... )

Will be good to try out the TrackIR on it...

Bill

djscoo
January 4th, 2010, 22:42
DJSCOO,

I decided to go for the ARMA-2 Demo... Thanks for the heads up. Stiz went on about it as well as Feng if I remember correctly. Must be a good game.

If the demo is good, I am getting it.

(sweaty palms... )

Will be good to try out the TrackIR on it...

Bill
TrackIR works well with the vehicles, but it gives me a headache running around so I pretty much only use it when flying. It's got its flaws, but it is the most immersive game I've ever played.