PDA

View Full Version : Dutch East Indies 3.5 released!

Devildog73
January 3rd, 2010, 17:17
You guys are gonna love this one!

After flying a P-36 and an F2 against IJNAF aircraft I can see why the Allies did not fair so well sometimes. The fire power of these two planes was way to little in power and number of guns and rounds. They held their own in a dogfight until they ran out of ammo, which did not take very long. Then, they lacked the speed to run from the faster Japanese fighters. The Thatch weave had not yet been developed, so they were sitting ducks without adequate power.

When flying on the Japanese side, if the Allied planes outnumbered the Japanese fighters, the Allies could overwhelm the Japanese despite the lack of rounds in the Allied planes. Every time you maneuver for a shot on a Buffalo, Hawk, or even a Warhawk, a wingman gets on your six or takes a deflection shot on your under-protected wing tanks and flames you.

These are excellently designed missions from the master of reworks!

:applause::jump::applause:

Rami
January 3rd, 2010, 19:21
Devildog,

I sent you an e-mail. I found the problem with DEI (Japanese) 7 and also fixed the "Inline convoys."

After that, I think they're ready, lest you run into any more issues. I sent you a new campaign package. Just take the missions you were having issues with and test 'em again.

In case anyone is wondering DOA progress is slow but steady.

Rami
January 4th, 2010, 09:25
To all,

I am confident that the issues have been ironed out and I have uploaded the campaign package for release. Because I have already uploaded it here before (almost three years ago, wow!) I will not be uploading it again. Instead, you may download the overhauled and extensively updated campaign at my site. I'll send you right to the page by clicking on this link...

http://ramirez412001.wetpaint.com/page/Pacific+-+Dual-sided+campaigns

Enjoy! :salute:

Now, back to Port Moresby...

Jagdflieger
January 4th, 2010, 10:09
Just got it.

Thanks for the effort Rami!

mariereid
January 4th, 2010, 14:16
I always try to thank you fellas for your work, but holy cow, I am just starting to realize how much skill and time goes into these projects. Thank you very much, Rami!:salute::ernae:

I cannot get my password to work at avsim. Whatever I try does not work, maybe because my e mail add changed. I have not been there in months. If anyone has "c2afrwater.zip", would you mind sharing?

Devildog73
January 4th, 2010, 14:30
It is not there. R.L's other water textures are there, but NOT that one. I searched and searched under his name and under the zip name. It does not matter though. Use either the stock or one of the other fine Pacific texture addons out here.

Devildog73
January 4th, 2010, 14:31
Thanks Rami. I will go to email and get them.

Rami
January 4th, 2010, 14:33
Devildog and Mariereid,

Try this link, they're all there.
http://www.filefront.com/14781137/CFS2-Rhumbaflappy-Old-Waters.rar

mariereid
January 4th, 2010, 15:13
Thanks Rami; It's cool to have a couple of options to work with. I was able to get everything on the list. Hope to get it all installed in the next couple of days. :salute::ernae:

Rami
January 6th, 2010, 17:57
Hey guys,

Pips brought up a few points that could be made clearer in the readme, so I revised the readme and the package slightly. None of the missions have been changed, so if you had no problems in the installation, no further action is required.

flying_spud
January 7th, 2010, 03:33
You guys are gonna love this one!

After flying a P-36 and an F2 against IJNAF aircraft I can see why the Allies did not fair so well sometimes. The fire power of these two planes was way to little in power and number of guns and rounds. They held their own in a dogfight until they ran out of ammo, which did not take very long. Then, they lacked the speed to run from the faster Japanese fighters. The Thatch weave had not yet been developed, so they were sitting ducks without adequate power.

When flying on the Japanese side, if the Allied planes outnumbered the Japanese fighters, the Allies could overwhelm the Japanese despite the lack of rounds in the Allied planes. Every time you maneuver for a shot on a Buffalo, Hawk, or even a Warhawk, a wingman gets on your six or takes a deflection shot on your under-protected wing tanks and flames you.

These are excellently designed missions from the master of reworks!

:applause::jump::applause:

Don't forget the RAF used Hurricanes in the final battles over Java; they had been flown there when Singapore fell.

The Hurricane 11b mounted 12x.303 mg's. So it was the IJAAF's Ki-27's that proved outgunned with their 2x7.7's- not a good idea for a Japanese pilot to make a head-on pass!

The Japanese aircraft were all far more manouvreable of course, but the Hurrie had the extra speed over the Ki-27. Against the Ki-43-1 it was a bit more even (except for firepower and better protection for the RAF) but against the IJN's A6M2 the Hurrie was usually in trouble........

Rami
January 7th, 2010, 05:07
Flying_spud,

Hurricane Mk. IIc fighters were included. I had to use the Ki-43 II for now because it's the best available, but when Akemi releases his early Ki-43, I'll revise the campaign to use that instead.

flying_spud
January 7th, 2010, 06:26
looking forwad to it! :icon29:

Pips
January 7th, 2010, 13:22
Half way through a campaign and having a ball! :applause: It's bloody tough though! Which I luv.

mariereid
January 8th, 2010, 05:18
Half way through installing the planes, and not having a ball.:icon_lol: I am learning quite a bit about working with files though. This is great for me as it teaching me a bit. I am going to try to figure out anything that I screwed up, before I ask questions, but, can someone tell me how I got a japanese bomb on the Brewster?:isadizzy:

Rami
January 8th, 2010, 06:20
Mariereid,

That's just what she came with. I don't make the planes, I just use 'em.

The good news is that the scenery and most of the library objects I try to keep consistent from campaign to campaign. So the first install is usually the toughest.

mariereid
January 8th, 2010, 07:30
Thanks Rami. I always figure I screwed up, if something seems wrong. Do you happen to know if the Hurricane came with a bomb? When I get home I will continue installing. Sounds great, according to Pips!:salute:

Rami
January 8th, 2010, 07:39
Mariereid,

Yes, it did have bombs.

mariereid
January 15th, 2010, 05:45
Man, oh man! Thank you Rami! This turned out beautifully. I rarely fly as a japanese pilot, but it's much safer that way!:salute::medals::medals::ernae: