PDA

View Full Version : DX10 saved my FSX!

smithcorp
January 3rd, 2010, 14:07
I was having terrible trouble in FSX after upgrading my video card from an 8600GTS (512mb) to a GTX260 and overclocking my E6750 to 3.2Ghz - graphic spiking, terrible framerate variations and very low framerates - much worse performance than I had previously experienced with the same settings.

I was totally frustrated after getting no real improvement from hours of tinkering with settings and config tweaks, but then read a thread at the Orbyx forums about using DX10.

So I ticked the DX10 box, leaving all settings the same and immediately got smoother flying with 35-45 frames per second and no graphic spiking.

So, anyone with a DX10 capable card, it may be worth a try.

I'm still learning what DX10 will mean for my setup (seems I can't use NHancer for example), but so far I'm really impressed.

smith

harleyman
January 3rd, 2010, 17:30
Me never used NHancer......

Something is not so correct if you can't get smooth flight other than DX10 *Preview* checked though !

crazysundog
January 3rd, 2010, 18:00
That is precisely what happens with newer systems designed to run using DX10.

The problem is that FSX is no longer supported with updates to bring DX10 fully up to speed!

J van E
January 4th, 2010, 12:25
I recenly switched to DX10, after installing Windows 7. The performance is SO MUCH better that I can live with the shortcomings (like no progressive taxi, no vsync and only ingame FSAA). Flying above trees in DX9 gives me less than 10 fps in certain places, while in DX10 it refuses to go under 40 or higher. For a bush flyer like me there is absolutely no way back to DX9.

stansdds
January 5th, 2010, 02:00
Interesting, to say the least. Maybe MS got DX10 implementation optimized in Windows 7?