PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Ever Seen Missing Scenery Errors that...

Devildog73
January 3rd, 2010, 13:55
I have all of LWD trees and LW trees in all of my installs. Yet, in my test install to run Rami's DEI missions I keep getting the "missing objects" errors about the LWD_gum_01 through 07, sometimes even some of his palm trees.

I have installed and re-installed the DPs, bgls, mdlnames, and INFO BMPs.

Anything else I can do?

Shessi
January 3rd, 2010, 14:37
Hi DD73,
It may be you have missed a pack containing the files but try this....

Delete all the 'filelist.dat' files in your CFS2 install. If you also have a separate scenery library then delete all the 'filelist.dat' files in that as well.
(Don't worry these files will be automatically be re-created when you next fire up the sim!).
These files will re-build and include the new files you've installed, and hopefully stop the sim pop-ups.

Cheers Shessi

Devildog73
January 3rd, 2010, 17:04
Shessi,

Yeah, I did that a few times. Finally just copied INFO, OBJECTS_DP, SCENEDB, and mdlnames from my PTO install into my Test install and now everything is up and running fine, no errors for scenery.

Dirtman
January 4th, 2010, 05:42
Yo DD;

There are actually 3 Lindsay Watts packages containing trees:

You have: LDW_trees & LW Library Objects

You need: LWD Tree Library (released in 2004)
- it contains LWD Gum # 01-07

- this package gives you the choice of 256 or 512 textures - remember it now??

Don't sweat it Bro .... this has screwed me up too!! :isadizzy:

CHECK YOUR EMAIL!

Jagdflieger
January 4th, 2010, 06:09
Maskrider also has a pack of Lindsey's trees at his site from when the LDW trees were hard to find. They have a different name for each file and that also causes a problem now and then.

MR's tree objects start with "MR_" if you ever get a missing scenery error window for his trees.