PDA

View Full Version : any idea what this might be?

captdoug
November 1st, 2008, 10:29
Hello again...

Recently installed the Enterprise (FOR FSX SP-1) in my SP-1 version.

I've attached a few pics if they'll show up here because there is a strange appearance occuring just under the static AC parked on the deck. I change the deck layout using the different .bgls included the same thing happens just in different locations.

If I remove the "static" aircraft .bgls from the scenery folder the proper deck textures reappear. Of course now the decks are void of planes but at least show up correctly.

This is not happening elseware in my sim. Video card is a properly tuned Nvidia 8800GTX OC. anyone ever see this

Lastly this is the AS Enterprize for FSX scenery addon, I have consulted AS and they indicated they have no idea what this from, so I am left stuck. I fully support AS products I own several, SO I"M NOT COMPLAIN -ING HERE ABOUT AS.

Just trying to figure what to do.

Thanks Captdoug

harleyman
November 1st, 2008, 10:36
Never seen it befoe but it looks to me like the jets are blocked somehow and those are water textures showing thru...

No clue ..Sorry..just what it looks like to me...

kilo delta
November 1st, 2008, 10:39
Have you tried disabling ground scenery shadows to see if it'll make a difference? :)

spotlope
November 1st, 2008, 11:45
It looks like the same problem we encountered with Plum Island and SP1. The deck uses layered ground (or deck, in this case) polygons. In SP1, the layers block one another from displaying. I'd guess that the statics have their own shadows underneath them that are blocking the display of the deck textures. Unfortunately, while I have a clue about the problem, I've yet to find a solution other than upgrading to SP2. The problem seems entirely fixed by the latest service pack.

captdoug
November 1st, 2008, 14:00
Thanks,

I'll try disabiling the ground shadows again to make sure.

Yes, seems to appear here is the static planes do have ther own base, controlled by their scenery .bgl's. If they are removed from the addon scenery/scenery folder the deck clears and all normal deck textures show up. Put the planes back and you get what you see here.

The scenery (ENTERPRISE CVN -65) is specifically designed for FSX SP-1
at least clearly noted as for sale for that version and not SP-2.

I'm using SP-1 so at this point I wasn't considering that into the equation.

Maybe some one will see this and no what to do.

I'll use clear decks for now... don't have time to look at the other planes while trying to land at 135 kts plus and catch a hook anyway...
and I don't fight for parking.

If it may be of any help the AI aircraft included with the scenery do not do this!

Captdoug

Lateral-G
November 2nd, 2008, 05:09
Hello again...

Recently installed the Enterprise (FOR FSX SP-1) in my SP-1 version.

I've attached a few pics if they'll show up here because there is a strange appearance occuring just under the static AC parked on the deck. I change the deck layout using the different .bgls included the same thing happens just in different locations.

If I remove the "static" aircraft .bgls from the scenery folder the proper deck textures reappear. Of course now the decks are void of planes but at least show up correctly.

This is not happening elseware in my sim. Video card is a properly tuned Nvidia 8800GTX OC. anyone ever see this

Lastly this is the AS Enterprize for FSX scenery addon, I have consulted AS and they indicated they have no idea what this from, so I am left stuck. I fully support AS products I own several, SO I"M NOT COMPLAIN -ING HERE ABOUT AS.

Just trying to figure what to do.

Thanks Captdoug

This problem was mentioned before in the forums here but unfortunately since the crash and loss of historical threads the reason and fix is lost in cyberspace forever.

IIRC from my hazy memory there was no fix. SP2 seems to have fixed the issue, however.

-G-

Bone
November 2nd, 2008, 05:32
My AS Enterprise does this also, and many others have reported this problem on the old AS forum. Mr. Alphasim has been aware of this for a long time.

captdoug
November 2nd, 2008, 07:13
My AS Enterprise does this also, and many others have reported this problem on the old AS forum. Mr. Alphasim has been aware of this for a long time.

Thats VERY interesting when I emailed them I recieved the answer that NO ONE ELSE has reported this, and I have a system issue. (last week by the way).

Well this is not the place to start an AS complaint. I enjoy their products and will continue to use them.

In general I just wish some of the develperss would be a bit more straight-up.

Thanks for the heads up

Captdoug

captdoug
November 2nd, 2008, 07:21
If SP-2 fixes the problem, AlphaSim SPECIFICALLY states this on their product page for the scenery :

** FS2004 and FSX SP1 only **

Copied and pasted direct from their website.

I'll leave this one at that.

Captdoug

N332DW
November 2nd, 2008, 07:37
the way the texure alpha is treated changes between SP1 and SP2, perhaps this is why Alphasim states for sp1 only, try modifying the alpha channel of the texture that is applied to the deck elevators, as the water texture bleed thru only seems to happen at the elevators on your screen shots

captdoug
November 3rd, 2008, 13:07
the way the texure alpha is treated changes between SP1 and SP2, perhaps this is why Alphasim states for sp1 only, try modifying the alpha channel of the texture that is applied to the deck elevators, as the water texture bleed thru only seems to happen at the elevators on your screen shots

I'll try anything, but look at one of the other pics I posted it should be of an alternate static deck layout AS provides. It places static planes in mid deck area not just on elevators and the samething happens, just under the planes. I even tried removing the shadow textures from the planes and no joy.

So how do I modifiy the aplha channel ? I've never tried that yet.

Thanks

Captdoug