PDA

View Full Version : What I built New Years Eve..

Wittpilot
January 3rd, 2010, 11:50
Well actually I've been working on it off and on for a week... I don't get much time to build really... usually late at night on days before I'm off of work.... Finished this off New Years Eve...

I've always like building models and wish someday I can build them to a half decent quality... But for now, I'm at a skill level that is right above building the kit straight from the box, no painting, rough decals....

I kind of think these "egg" models are kind of neat...

-witt

harleyman
January 3rd, 2010, 12:17
Very intresting...An Egg-Plane...:applause:

Cloud9Gal
January 3rd, 2010, 13:38
Witt~ That's really cute! Eggcellent! http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Happy/happy-049.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-Happy-Smileys.html)
How long does it take for you to complete one? Approx.?

Wittpilot
January 3rd, 2010, 14:07
If you were a decent modeler probably just two days... Really not many parts at all... I just do not have time with two little ones around the house... and I have all my model stuff in the basement.... They make a few of those Egg models... I think they are neat....

Odie
January 3rd, 2010, 14:22
Very nice, Witt ! I had always thought the Egg-plane line would make an interesting addition to FS9 or FSX as flyable models. Kinda of like the Japanese animae of the FS world.

They also did a line of modern a/c, too.

Wittpilot
January 3rd, 2010, 15:43
They also did a line of modern a/c, too.

I just can't stand to build modern aircraft models... I tried an F-18 awhile ago... ended up throwing it across teh basement... I will be using that as a practice for my new airbrush that has yet seen the light of day outside of the packaging....

Wittpilot
January 3rd, 2010, 18:44
I also finished this up before having to return to work after a two week hiatus....

I absolutely hate gloss paint schemes.... HATE them.... Two shots.. one with a flash, the other with no... gives you an idea of how that Blue Angel Blue looks different under different light....

-witt

On the Bench:

1/72 B-17 F & DC-3 (painted as a generic fictional C-47)