PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Vietnam Scenery by Xavier Carre

Crusader
January 3rd, 2010, 06:41
Just received an email from Xavier Carre as I had written him earlier inquiring about any future Vietnam scenery he may be making . Some of you may recall he was the author of a FSX Vietnam scenery I believe in July of last year : "Vietnam War Pack 1 " which included Cam Ranh Bay , Dak To and Pleiku . It can be found at flightsim.com . Just do a search for Xavier Carre and it should be the only one that pops up . I was quite surprised when he replied telling me of a BIG Vietnam Project including some 70 airfields ! Below is a portion of the email :

"Hello,

Happy new year,

Some news of FSX Vietnam War project, still in progress :

About 70 airfields (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Philippines) are done, some additional sceneries (Radar stations, naval facilities, SF compound, FSB...)too.

Ai traffic and more than 25 AI airplanes.

Flightplans.

French and English documentation, and technical airport documentation for each airfield.
It may be released on march.

I include a PDF document as illustration.

Best regards,
thanks for your support.

Xavier Carré
FSX Vietnam War project "

Hopefully I can get the PDF file and picture of the Danang that I had asked about attached .

Really looking forward to this .
Thanks Xavier (and others) for all the hard work you have put into this project .

Rich

falcon409
January 3rd, 2010, 06:46
Sounds great! I believe Michael (MCDesigns) is also working on some Vietnam scenery as well. Not sure how soon that will be out, but I know his stuff will be top notch!:salute:

Crusader
January 3rd, 2010, 06:47
Sorry , I could'nt get the PDF to attach. It exceeded size limit I quess . (Over 2 MB)

Navy Chief
January 3rd, 2010, 06:57
Great news! Thank you!!!

NC

MCDesigns
January 3rd, 2010, 07:20
Sounds great! I believe Michael (MCDesigns) is also working on some Vietnam scenery as well. Not sure how soon that will be out, but I know his stuff will be top notch!:salute:

Just goes to show, "you snooze, ya lose" LOL. Yeah, I am working on a scenery as well and have had my objects and all done for quite awhile, but I was never happy with the ground visuals until recently. I hate the sharp edge that you get with afcad type polys and landclass (which is evident in the posted image above), so I was on a mission to find an alternative way of doing the ground, either thru photoreal or another method which I have now. Mine is smaller in scope and should be out soon and while most of it might compliment what Xavier has done, I do have a photoreal version of Pleiku, so it will be up to choice.

Piglet
January 3rd, 2010, 12:08
I just got the same email.

warchild
January 3rd, 2010, 12:12
i gotta admit, i admire you guys that can keep going back there.. You got more guts than me..

Crusader
January 3rd, 2010, 14:29
Thanks Michael: "Just goes to show, "you snooze, ya lose" LOL. Yeah, I am working on a scenery as well and have had my objects and all done for quite awhile, but I was never happy with the ground visuals until recently. I hate the sharp edge that you get with afcad type polys and landclass (which is evident in the posted image above), so I was on a mission to find an alternative way of doing the ground, either thru photoreal or another method which I have now. Mine is smaller in scope and should be out soon and while most of it might compliment what Xavier has done, I do have a photoreal version of Pleiku, so it will be up to choice. "

A photoreal Pleiku sounds outstanding . Bring it on . The more the merrier . Vietnam scenery way overdue in FSX . Thanks for your contribution . I envy all of the talent here .

Rich<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

falcon409
January 3rd, 2010, 14:32
Hey Rich, a bit OT for sure but I just noticed your sig. I just retired from the 301st at Carswell a few years ago. . .where were you stationed?:salute:

Snuffy
January 3rd, 2010, 14:51
I'm sure both works will be great ... But really all I want is for Michael to rebuild all his military vehicles of ww2 into true fsx works as a package unto themselves, so I can use them in my sceneries. :)

Milton Shupe
January 3rd, 2010, 15:35
Michael, is Phu Cat included in your package? or Qui Nhon? Two of my closest bases after spending time in CamRahn Bay and Vung Tao.

Crusader
January 3rd, 2010, 18:47
Hey Rich, a bit OT for sure but I just noticed your sig. I just retired from the 301st at Carswell a few years ago. . .where were you stationed?:salute:

Retired from Wright Patterson AFB in 1995 . I spent the bulk of my time in the 906th TFG (F-16) but they disbanded the unit and my last year was with the 445th Airlift Wing(C-5's) before retiring . I can't recall what year but went TDY to Bergstrom and went into Austin quite a few times . Active duty USMC 65 to 69 with a year in Danang in 67 . Remainer of time in Air Force reserves .

Rich

warchild
January 3rd, 2010, 21:58
i didnt retire.. I spent my three years in including a year in Nha trang as a perimeter gaurd from 69 - 70 and got the hell out.. Guess you could say my experiences with the army werent as positive as some others had.. Oh well, **** happens.. Anyway.. Personally didnt know others here were vets too. Thanks for all that work guys.. I mean it, from one bro to another..
Pam

Crusader
January 4th, 2010, 00:06
i didnt retire.. I spent my three years in including a year in Nha trang as a perimeter gaurd from 69 - 70 and got the hell out.. Guess you could say my experiences with the army werent as positive as some others had.. Oh well, **** happens.. Anyway.. Personally didnt know others here were vets too. Thanks for all that work guys.. I mean it, from one bro to another..
Pam

warchild: Quite a few vets here . I would guess the bulk would probably be Vietnam era but there are quite a few Iracki and even a few WWll . We all share the love of flight simming and engulf ourshelves into aviation history with historical and modern aircraft . SOH is my favorite place to hang out . It's family !

Rich:ernae:

jmig
January 4th, 2010, 04:04
warchild: Quite a few vets here . I would guess the bulk would probably be Vietnam era but there are quite a few Iracki and even a few WWll . We all share the love of flight simming and engulf ourshelves into aviation history with historical and modern aircraft . SOH is my favorite place to hang out . It's family !

Rich:ernae:

Rich, I would phrase that as, "We relive our youth." And, improve the experience while doing so. :icon_lol:

Who says you can do it all over again?

Matt Wynn
January 4th, 2010, 04:41
2nd Gulf, Afghanistan and i'm a lifer, i enjoy flying in 'Nam, in FS. especially if theres an A-6 going, even more when i have the Flight of the Intruder soundtrack going :icon_lol: looking forward to this and Michaels MCD'Nam, can't resist it but "Parade parade 'Shun... to the front salute" :salute: < for all our Brothers in Arms :ernae: i thank you all. hope Hanoi is included. shame theres no SAMS, that'd make flying there fun having to dodge and weave the things...

falcon409
January 4th, 2010, 05:22
warchild:. . . . .I would guess the bulk would probably be Vietnam era but there are quite a few Iracki and even a few WWII. . . . . . . . .SOH is my favorite place to hang out . It's family !
Rich
Actually I span two different eras. I spent 4 years active duty in the late 60's-70's (spent a year at Binh Thuy AB), got out and went back into the Reserves in 86' and retired in April 2007 (last 6 years of that as an Air Reserve Technician). Spent time in Turkey, Iraq and Kuwait.:salute:
SOH is definitely the place to be..