PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Airport Environment X ?

Crusader
January 3rd, 2010, 03:38
Those of you that have this addon , just wondered what your opinions were . I am all for changing the default airport buildings etc although default runway and tarmac textures are not bad . Alittle concerned about changing any ground textures as I use GEX and I am rather fond of it . Supposedly it has no effects on any 3rd party sceneries . Just getting really tired of looking at the default buildings . Any comments welcome .

Happy New Year fellow SOH members . I wish all of you and your family and friends good health and prosperity .

Rich:guinness:

Dain Arns
January 3rd, 2010, 06:11
A couple of us asked this same question about a month ago when it was released, and never got a response from anyone. :kilroy:

jmig
January 3rd, 2010, 06:23
I guess no one has it? :icon_lol: I considered buying it but my problem is this, I have so many packages, UTX, GEX, FEX, REX, and problem a few more. I get confused what does what, there are so many overlaps between some of these programs that I have just given up.

The sky looks wonderful. The water isn't realistic to me with any package. The big problem is that they seem to use the same textures across regions. don't here in bayou country there is no such thing as blue water. It is all brown.

The Mississippi River dumps billions of gallons of yucky brown water into the Gulf of Mexico. the prevailing currents take this water and shove it west. So, when you fly over the Louisiana coast you have 40 miles of brown water then you hit the green. The line of demarcation between the two is remarkable.

With any of these packages, I can get green, brown or blue inland waters and various shades of blue gulf waters. I wish I could make it look real. But that is just me.

falcon409
January 3rd, 2010, 06:43
I'm like Jmig. I have UTX, GEX and just purchased REX (happy with all of those) and have kinda gotten lost in the overlap and who does what to whom scenario Jmig talks about. For several reasons (finances for one) I won't be buying anything else in the environmental enhancements category for quite a while. I'm pretty satisfied with what I have now.:salute:

J van E
January 3rd, 2010, 07:46
It isn't that complicated: UTX gives you real life roads and waters (not the water itself but the boundaries: rivers and lakes in the right places, etc.), GEX gives you improved groundtextures (everything in between airports and thise UTX roads) and REX gives you improved skies, clouds, waters and airportgroundtextures (plus a weather engine). So there is no overlap there at all! This Ultimate airport env x however will overlap a lot with REX's airport textures. I wouldn't buy it, specially considering the price.

falcon409
January 3rd, 2010, 09:04
. . . . .This Ultimate airport envX however will overlap a lot with REX's airport textures. I wouldn't buy it, specially considering the price.
Well and that's another reason for not buying it with what I just bought (REX). Strange as it seems, this being a flight simulator and all, I don't really spend much time at any one airport and the ones I usually frequent more than anything are the smaller ones where most of the "environmental eye candy" would be lost on me. I can see that for folks who enjoy flying the tubeliners and get into the whole "Big Airport" feel of flight sim. That's not me at all.

strykerpsg
January 3rd, 2010, 11:18
I did recently purchase the add on and also have UTX, GEX and REX. There is not any options while installing, however, there are three options when uninstalling, which allows you to put some original textures back in place and reload with REX. That being said however, I am now experiencing black screens and missing aircraft textures. Currently undergoing repair of FSX and experiencing fatal error messages of FSX, so, would recommend you not install the item if you have at least REX. More to follow.

Matt