PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Woman simulation

strykerpsg
January 2nd, 2010, 17:59
Sorry, couldn't help with the cheesy title, but the older simmers will know the reference. I just did a full upgrade to Windows 7 and reformatted all 3 HDD's for a clean install of everything. Installed FSX, patches and add on's as per Harleymans advice and it worked great. I started tweaking the graphics settings and it was working great. Then, today, the two times I have booted up FSX, no planes show. I can seee their shadows on the ground, but there is only seats, duct fans and the occasional cockpits floating past me as they taxi to take off. Anyone else ever come across this before?

I have the following:

i7 940
6GB DDR3 1666mhz Corsair Dominator RAM
NVidia 295 GTX(1792mb)
Dell 730x Desktop
Track IR 5 Pro
Creative Labs XiFi Platinum Snd Crd
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
X52Pro Joystick w/ Pedals

Also have REX, TrafficX, UTX and GEX installed. If possible, will tryt o capture a pic of the scenery, sorta funny, but frustrating.

Thanks,
Matt

harleyman
January 2nd, 2010, 18:13
Hmmmmmm

Very Odd...

I have only seen that with the Buffer Pools tweak used.....

I must ponder this some...

strykerpsg
January 2nd, 2010, 18:54
Harleyman,

Thanks for trying to assist witht his. I had this before and it went unresolved before Windows 7, so I ensured there were no tweaks with the video card and I have not oc'ed the processor, although not for want just told Dell are mostly set up to prevent overclocking.

Matt

harleyman
January 2nd, 2010, 19:05
Put your FSX disk number 1 in and have it do a repair and see if that helpes.....

maybe remove the Vid driver and use an earlier one...

Ummmmmm

System Restore maybe last...

Dell..Mostly locks all OCing out...

Try also to lower your FSX settings..very low, and then see..Then raise them slowely...If it fails again, it may be hardware related..

Thats another deal ....

strykerpsg
January 3rd, 2010, 10:45
Harleyman,

I am repairing as suggested, but noticed it is going through the scenery files. Does this re-instate the original scenery files too, causing a re-install of all scenery? I hope not, have FS Genesis, UTX, GEX and many airports.

Thanks for other advice too, been trying the altering of settings, with mixed results.

Matt

strykerpsg
January 3rd, 2010, 11:47
Update, decided to conduct a full re-install and just progress one step at a time. What a pain in the 4th point of contact.........

Matt

harleyman
January 3rd, 2010, 12:16
I see you are reinstalling..

to answer your question...No..

All you neeed to do is rerun the programs configuators at that point...

strykerpsg
January 3rd, 2010, 13:13
Thanks Harleyman for guiding me through the woods, but I kept receiving a fatal error message after multiple repairs, so just decided to re-do the process.

Matt