PDA

View Full Version : A Question...

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
January 2nd, 2010, 12:49
Okay, I've just converted an ME-109T-1 for cfs2 and I have a question.

How do you adjust the gun points on a cfs2 plane?

I have an attachment with a picture of my newly converted plane.

Do you notice the smoke is higher than the gunpoints? I hope so.

If you have reply, I would to hear it.:salute:

JapLance
January 2nd, 2010, 22:32
Here is when the DP file comes into play. DP files dictate where the guns are, which is their destructive power, their rate of fire etc. It also settles the damage model of the plane: where it can be hit, and what parts get affected by the bullets.

The DP file can be edited with a text editor, but it's much easier to get DPed (created by Yusaku Homma), a very useful program that lets you edit all the stuff you can find in a DP file. You can get it here, at the bottom of the page: http://www.simviation.com/cfs2utilities1.htm

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
January 3rd, 2010, 07:11
I got the program by Yusaku Homma. But what would be an accurate configuration?

if anyone have any ideas, please tell it to me

Jagdflieger
January 3rd, 2010, 08:28
I usually just hand edit the files. You will be concerned with the X, Y and Z axes of your gun positions.

Go to your DP file for the airplane and you'll see something like this:

[GUNSTATIONS]

; FF/ M 20mm Cannon
gunstation.3=1,46,2,0.115,600,2,0.05,740,4,40,1d1* 46.3, 2.035,-0.310,1.050,-0.58534,0,-0.35122,0,0,0,0,14.323

It's all the data on the weapon. Each MG or cannon should have a data line like the above. This is the data line for the 20mm cannon in the right (starboard) wing of an Me 109, similar to your plane.

Look for "1d1*46.3" in the line. That is the damage die for that weapon. Not important here other than the X, Y and Z axes for the weapon's muzzle follow it. We are interested in the vertical component, so go to the second entry following the damage die and you'll see: "-0.310" Your planes is probably different. The negative number in this particular DP indicates the weapon is below an imaginary point in the plane. For your plane, just adjust the number down until you have your muzzle flash and smoke coming from the muzzle of each weapon.

When adjusting, I believe that you can make the adjustment in the DP file while the sim in open, but on pause. After the adjustment, un-pause, click on "Change Aircraft" and then select your aircraft again. Once it is reloaded, your modifications will be in effect. I also do this while the plane is parked on the ground for ease in seeing the muzzle flash.

Next step will be to zero your weapons in your 2d panel and then in your VC to your satisfaction. Every good marksman does this with his rifle, pistol or airplane. When you're ready, post here and we can go through that too.

Here is the difference in between -.233 and positive .233 in the vertical entry:

sc7500
January 3rd, 2010, 08:30
... its easier just to show you.

The attached file is for a Fw-190A. To use it, remove the ".txt" extension and you'll have a good working DP file.

Enjoy
SC

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
January 3rd, 2010, 10:56
Okay, here's a random question, sc7500.

How do you change a text to a dp??

sc7500
January 3rd, 2010, 15:49
...Okay, here's a random question,
How do you change a text to a dp??...

You remove the ".txt" extension (letters AND dot) from the file I posted for you yesterday - and you have a good working DP file.

SC
:kilroy:

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
January 4th, 2010, 10:10
I can't do that. I don't know what to do.

My file downloader saves it to a txt file no matter how hard I try.

Jagdflieger
January 4th, 2010, 10:18
Are you sure you want to put a FW 190 DP in your Messerschmidt?

The DP file SC uploaded is for an Foke Wulf FW 190 and probably won't help you much as the weapon positions and numbers are different from the Messerschmidt. 4 X 20mm and 2 X MGs in the FW 190 v. a possibility of 3 X 20mm (but probably 2 20mm) and 2 X MGs in the ME 109T.

To change your extension, if you have XP for an OS, then click and highlight th DP file > Go to "Tools" > Select "Folder Options" > Tab "View" > Unclick "Hide extensions for known file types"

Remember to click the "Hide extensions" when done.

I haven't figured out Vista yet, but then I'm dumping that system as soon as I can.

Desert Rat
January 4th, 2010, 10:41
To find co-ords for guns, use ACM (Aircraft container manager) load the model, go to parameters tab, select, or add a light, move to the required position, note co-ords down on paper, and IIRC they need converting from feet>metres or something. Hand edit the co-ords into the dp file, exit ACM and DO NOT SAVE (important as it is designed for FS9 and can screw up your aircraft.cfg.)

ACM website is no longer, but thanks to archives, it's still possible to get the demo (it was payware) which is all you need for your purposes. Get it --->here (http://web.archive.org/web/20070701133311/www.aircraftmanager.com/index.php?cn=Download+Area)<---

MS powertoys for XP has a nice scientific calculator for unit conversion, not sure if there is an equivalent for Vista, sorry.

hope this helps
Jamie

sc7500
January 4th, 2010, 12:54
Jag Sed: "...The DP file SC uploaded is for an Foke Wulf FW 190 and probably won't help you much as the weapon positions and numbers are different from the Messerschmidt..."
-----------------------------------------------------
I see where this went wrong:

I assumed that Boeing was going to use my uploaded DP as a Practice Version to develop his own Me file. It would get him close, then he could add appropriate weaponry.

I didn't note that he wasn't familiar with the DPEdit program ! Sorry about that.
----------------------------------------------
[And YES, I know what Ass-umptions Make Me]
----------------------------------------------
Boeing: To change the file name in Windows XP, <Right Click> the file, select "Rename", and then remove the .TXT from the end. When it asks you if you're sure, click Yes, and you're Good to Go.

SC
:kilroy: