PDA

View Full Version : fun with bsod

cheezyflier
January 2nd, 2010, 09:16
this morning i took off to fly vfr from the worlds greatest airplane collection heading north in the carenado 152. i flew for about 15 min and got a bsod.
it said
"IRQL not_less_or_equal"

OXOOOOOOOOA
(OX962B7B98, OXOOOOOOOO2, OXOOOOOOOO1, OX8O4DBC9A)

can anyone tell me what is the deal here?

IanP
January 2nd, 2010, 09:23
If it's an IRQ issue (Interrupt Request) then that would normally imply a hardware driver issue.

Not always, as it could be an error in a piece of software calling a bit of device driver, but I'd start by reinstalling the major hardware drivers like graphics cards and RAID/SATA drivers and see if that helps.

Ferry_vO
January 2nd, 2010, 10:06
Let me guess: Vista?

"IRQL not_less_or_equal"

Try googling that, you'll get an infinite list of people with the same problem and an equally long list of solutions. Seems to be a generic Vista error code.

Used to get a whole lot of those in the two months I used Vista; my 'fix' was to install Windows 7. Never had that problem again..

guzler
January 2nd, 2010, 11:22
I had this problem with a ram stick. I changed the stick and the problem has never come back.

cheezyflier
January 2nd, 2010, 13:05
vista problem? but i'm using xp! :icon_lol:
is there wway to test the ram? i don't have any spares.

JSkorna
January 2nd, 2010, 13:48
Hi,

Use Prime95:

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

Thanks,

harleyman
January 2nd, 2010, 15:55
That is typically related to a vid driver..but as stated can be ram too...It may never happen again ..
It was very common with SLI setups a while back too...Driver has stopped, and recovered bull...

cheezyflier
January 2nd, 2010, 19:55
i will check the ram, then i guess the next step is to re-install the video driver?