PDA

View Full Version : Queer tool tips

ptrev
January 1st, 2010, 21:55
Anyone ever had their tool tips go pear shaped? (Panel gauges and switches):isadizzy:

First my default tool tips went "blocky" then the third party went west also. Fixed default by reloading fonts from disc. Third party tool tips still unreadable. Are these part of the A/C model? Anyone have the answer or at least an idea? I can see a Gremlin sitting on top of my panels. First it screwed up my sound and I can't get it back to the default settings. Now it sounds like surround-sound through ear phones. Not bad sound but I can never hear the tower. I've tried everything. So over to the guys who actually know stuff.

Cheers and Happy New Year from Philip T. on the Aussie Gold Coast.

hschuit
January 2nd, 2010, 00:05
I believe the blocky tooltips problem is a known FSX bug, at least with nVidia cards. Funny thing is that after switching to windowed mode (key = Alt Enter), the tooltips are ok.

JIMJAM
January 2nd, 2010, 08:07
Try changing your vid card anti aliasing settings. Then if that does not help, change other card settings like af, 2x,4x, one at a time and see. Exit sim after changes and restart. In my case with a Ati card, changing aa filter types would corrupt the text. I then would change the amount,2x,4x, ex and it cleared up. Some combinations FSX just does not like so experiment. Just because you read thatsomeone thinks a specfic setting is the "best" does not mean it will work for you so mix it up.
Ive seen this issue with fs9,fsx,sp1,sp2 and using both Nvidia and Ati cards.

ptrev
January 2nd, 2010, 14:13
Fascinating :isadizzy:. I will try all that. My card is a 9800GT (1 megabyte) (Aside: my rig is single core 2.4 mhz. Just barely ran FSX at 5 to 15 FPS until I dropped in this card. NOW: a low FPS rate is 25FPS and often around 60+ FPS with most sliders maxed. I mostly only fly Australia 'cause it has the totally brilliant full Orbyx makeover.)
hopefully only my silly sound issues to cure. Thanks heaps. SOH members rock! :salute:

Till next time

Philip