PDA

View Full Version : Bridleway Gate Relief Landing Ground

IanP
January 1st, 2010, 13:33
One can only assume that in this instance, the "relief" bit came when you actually got down without hitting anything!

Seriously, whoever came up with the idea of using this place for aircraft operations must have either been flat out of choices or plain barking mad. It has a wooded hill on the threshold for two runways, a blister hangar right at the end of the runway for another one and is on the side of a hill. Unfortunately, we can't do that last bit in FSX, but I put the woods and blister hangars in. I also haven't put in the farm on short final from the East, but I have put the blister hangar that came next on even shorter final. Yes, someone really did put it there in the real world.

Unfortunately, we don't have an Airspeed Oxford for FSX - or any other version of FS that I've found so far - so you'll have to make do with flying anything else that you like out of this one, but hey, someone might appreciate it. :)

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/historical/raf/bridlewaygate/IJP_EGZQ_v1_0.zip

Please note: This scenery requires Bill Womack's scenery library objects which I have not included in the download. If you don't already have them from the RAS Spitfire pack, you'll probably want to get them from one of my other sceneries that already include them such as Winkleigh, Digby, Fowlmere or Hixon.

kurt190
January 1st, 2010, 14:01
I think there is an Airspeed Oxford at Classic British Files - I know there is an FS9 version but I thought there was an FSX version as well.

kurt

IanP
January 1st, 2010, 14:09
It wasn't at CBF - there's a civilian one there that I'd seen before - but another search found it first go at Simviation. Downloading now to take a look, thanks!

Not sure why I didn't find that one before, because it was pretty much top of the Google search. Odd.

Incidentally, this thread was #4 on the list of found files, so it's not a massively popular search. :icon_lol:

kurt190
January 1st, 2010, 14:30
I have not downloaded the FSX version - not sure if it is the same one but in different clothes......

I hope its OK.

Like the scenery incidently. Are you going to do RAF Hunsdon? Its one of those long forgotten airfields of WW2 - microlites fly from their today but it will no doubt become a housing estate in the next few years.

kurt

IanP
January 1st, 2010, 14:45
Hunsdon wasn't on my list, but it's easy enough to place, although I don't really have enough information to do it properly right now (the overhead photo I have is tiny and there's no airfield plan in the book). I'll certainly consider it and will grab an image of it in SBuilderX shortly so I have one.

The "FSX" OxBox is, unfortunately, a port that needs some prop work before it'll be usable in SP2/Accel. It's quite a nice model, though, so I'll take a look at the alpha on the props and see if it can be helped.

Thanks!

kurt190
January 1st, 2010, 14:59
I'm not harrassing you!

http://www.hunsdon.org.uk/hunsdon_airfield.htm

Operation Jericho flew from there......

kurt

IanP
January 1st, 2010, 15:12
I need to talk to DoRIS at the RAF Museum, Hendon, again before long about Atcham so will ask about a 1945 ground plan drawing for Hunsdon at the same time. If they have one, they're by far the best source. Unfortunately the drawing on that page isn't really clear enough for me to work off with any degree of accuracy (you lot might not believe it, but my wife keeps complaining that I'm too much of a perfectionist when doing these things... :icon_lol:). It's been added to the list anyway.

The next ones are RAF Grimsby which is done apart from one Pyro Store that I have no idea what looks like (I may just give up and upload it with that missing before long), RAF Sleap, which is as done as the pic below says it is, plus I want to put down at least the basics of the other Shrewsbury area stations before I settle down to do Atcham properly... Which is why I need to talk to DoRIS about seeing what standard building drawings I can get once I have a list of numbers.

I also need to update/finish RAF Little Snoring, have two more 8th Air Force bomber bases to look at and now Hunsdon as well. I'll be busy for a while!

kurt190
January 2nd, 2010, 01:51
No worries - Thanks. All the best

kurt