PDA

View Full Version : H.U. a freeware kiwi Strikemaster?

calypsos
January 1st, 2010, 13:27
I'm just the newsboy, not had time to try it yet, a nice modified DC-3 too!

http://www.flightsim.co.nz/AIRCRAFT.htm#SM

falcon409
January 1st, 2010, 13:37
I'm just the newsboy, not had time to try it yet, a nice modified DC-3 too!
I flew that version of the DC-3 in the DC-3 Rally held a few months ago. I'm not a fan of the DC-3, but they did a nice job with the conversions and additional liveries.

As for the Strikemaster, If I remember correctly, that little image on the page you have a link to looks better than the actual model. The exterior model was not quite as smooth and precise as that little image shows. I think I decided to not even bother flying it after doing a few walkarounds, but that's is solely my opinion and no one elses, so by all means take a look and see what you think.

IanP
January 1st, 2010, 13:50
I had it as well on my old installation and haven't reinstalled it to the new one, but my limitation was internal not external. The VC was a little hard for me to live with.

Can't complain about the price, though and heck, it's a Strikemaster - don't see too many of them around in FS! :)

calypsos
January 1st, 2010, 13:56
I guess we are spoilt nowadays, it's not a perfect model (but better than anything I could do) and at a great price too!!

IanP
January 1st, 2010, 14:01
That VC looks better than the one I had... Wondering if it was the same model now, because you can actually read the gauges there.

I'll take another look later. :salute:

falcon409
January 1st, 2010, 14:13
I guess we are spoiled nowadays, it's not a perfect model (but better than anything I could do) and at a great price too!!
Yea, now that I see the pics of the VC, that was the other thing that caused me to delete it. The gauges were ok, but the background bitmap was not and the exterior had the look of a photoreal texture but not a good one. It might actually look better with a hand done livery as opposed to the photoreal texturing and some extensive work on the VC panel (if it's workable) bitmap, might help considerably.

waka172rg
January 1st, 2010, 16:08
This is Nigel Booth's model the same person that did the payware A4-k Skyhawk.

falcon409
January 1st, 2010, 17:21
Yep!

tigisfat
January 1st, 2010, 21:37
I'll take cruddy photoreal over cartoony hand-painted any day.

falcon409
January 1st, 2010, 22:26
After checking the textures, it's actually a combination of some photoreal some hand painted. . .pretty obvious which is which when you load the textures. I think the VC bitmap is what needs the most work.